cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20+ Custom Message Tones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got my S20+ and I can't seem to find any of my Zedge Notification tones to use for custom messages. This is worrisome as my s10+ worked just fine finding and setting the zedge notification tones for indivduals.

I've checked settings and for just the default notification tones I can select from Zedge and get the tones. I even downloaded some of the tones and can't find them on the phone. Am I missing something? I don't want to use the stock message tones and if I have to download, yet again, another message app like I had too for a time on my s8, I just gotta say Why are you doing this samsung? Why is it so difficult? I'm glad we can customize the message backgrounds for individuals now though.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S20+ Custom Message Tones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You need to save the custom message/ring tones into your phone. 

First off, go to "My Files" > "Downloads" and choose your selections and select "Move". *You can find the button at the bottom left of the screen.*
After you done the steps above, go back to "My Files" and go to "Internal Storage". From here, we break into 2 sub steps.

i) if is for notification, go into "Notification" folder and select "Move Here". *You can find the button at bottom right of the screen*

ii) if is for ringtone, go into "Ringtone".

Once you have done the steps above, go back to "Sounds and Vibration" in your phone settings. You should be able to find your custom tones in their respective places.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! Thank you for being a part of the community. When you open your settings go to sounds and notifications. Once there click on ringtone, since you have zedge it will ask what you want to use between that and media device. Select media device, this should bring you to the list of pre-downloaded tones. In the top right will be a plus sign, click on that and select the ringtone that was downloaded from zedge that you would like to use. Let me know if this helped!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I see it works for the ring tones which is great! But I still can't add to the notification sounds list. So I still can't assign individuals in my messages their own notification sound. I thought adding from the ring tones page like you suggested would also add them to the notifications but for some reason they don't Smiley Sad. I definitely appreciate the knowledge though. Did not notice the plus sign in the corner!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was using the app on a phone we have here and I was able to set it by doing the following:

Go to sound and notifications

Select notification, this time when the options appear for media device and Zedge, select Zedge

From there I was able to select the notification tone. If you do not see it at first when selecting this, try going into Zedge and favorite that notification sound.

Another method of applying the notification sound would be to go through Zedge and once a notification tone is selected go ahead and hit the set as notification option in the Zedge app and it should apply it to your notification tone.

Apologies for not referring you to the message tone initially, let me know if this helped!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It worked for one zedge tone but no more added Smiley Sad It's like my phone isn't registering that the message tones are downloaded and on the phone. And they are favorited on zedge and I switched the notification tone to see if anymore would stick, but none do. I already factory reset my phone too and still no change. Guess I may have a glitch or something.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem.  I can load one Zedge sound but not assign different sounds to different contacts.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You need to save the custom message/ring tones into your phone. 

First off, go to "My Files" > "Downloads" and choose your selections and select "Move". *You can find the button at the bottom left of the screen.*
After you done the steps above, go back to "My Files" and go to "Internal Storage". From here, we break into 2 sub steps.

i) if is for notification, go into "Notification" folder and select "Move Here". *You can find the button at bottom right of the screen*

ii) if is for ringtone, go into "Ringtone".

Once you have done the steps above, go back to "Sounds and Vibration" in your phone settings. You should be able to find your custom tones in their respective places.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope, they still won't show up on the list to use, the only way I've changed that is with an app, how come the notfications tone doesn't look at the notifications folder on internal storage like it always has....And don't get me started on Outlook, it's got it's tone hidden somewhere else on the phone that I can't find either....come on guys, such a simple thing and you messed this up....not to mention my shipped to me with one ringtone and one notification tone installed....really? you've got 10 generations of these worth of tones and you can't preload them.....jeez

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked! I once again didn't think to look and move my tones into the Selective folders. Never had to because they usually were automatic, But THANK YOU, THANK YOU, IT WORKED!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've done all this and see the tone, click on it, can hear it in the list of sound but then can't get it to actually sound/work when a notification such as a text comes in, did you have any issues with that?