Original topic:

S20 Dual Whatsapp media missing after update

(Topic created: 08-20-2021 07:30 AM)
usermg9HMQTNFF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello,

like many others I have been have issues sending media on the second instance of Whatsapp for a while.  Media that had been received/sent previously was accessible with problems. 

After installing the official Samsung update today all media in the second instance of Whatsapp is not accessible. 

"Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your internal storage". 

The first instance of Whatsapp is working fine. 

Anyone experiencing the same problem? Any suggestions on how to solve this???

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. I recommend making sure that your software is up to date. Then I would clear the cache partition on your phone. If these steps don't work I recommend that you reach out to the developer of the app. You will be able to find their contact information in the play store.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Smew
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20

What software update is your S20 on specifically? (settings > about phone > software information > build number [last 4 characters])

What software is your Whatsapp on?

0 Likes
Darkbotic
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

This is a very well known issue still affecting a lot of users with the latest (August) update for both WhatsApp and Samsung software. It looks like Samsung doesn't care.

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-M/Dual-whatsapp-folder-not-seen/td-p/8031390/page/18

0 Likes
P_Zone
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I've been getting software updates every week for about a month. Latest one deleted a TON of contacts I can't get back.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. I recommend making sure that your software is up to date. Then I would clear the cache partition on your phone. If these steps don't work I recommend that you reach out to the developer of the app. You will be able to find their contact information in the play store.