cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

S20 FE 5G Touch sensitivity issues

I recently bought the Galaxy S20 FE 5G.
Very nice phone, issue is that the screen kept on clicking on scrolls and scrolling on clicks...
I thought it was a faulty device, so I contacted Samsung Customer service, who gave me an address 2 hours away. No way am I driving 2 hours for this. So I ordered another one, and returned this one.
The second one arrived with same issues!!! @samsung, I really hope it's a software issue!

*UPDATE*
10/21/2020:
The screen sensitivity issues have gotten better. It could be that maybe samsung uses a technology that means from how each person interacts with their phone, and customizes the touch interactions based on use 🤷

*UPDATE*
11/19/2020:
The issue continued for a while - I needed to restart my phone like three times a day...
Two days ago, when it happened again, I decided to report it thru "Bug Report" in developer settings.
Since then I haven't had an issue!
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S20 FE 5G Touch sensitivity issues

do you have a screen protector on it? there may be something on it or under it the screen is sensing. try wiping the screen with a SLIGHTLY damp soft cloth.
Highlighted
Asteroid

<edit>

If it were a software issue, why have they NOT fixed it in the last firmware that already addressed to fix it? Why is Samsung so silent about the problem?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same issue but it's pretty random. I'm hoping that this is a software glitch and not a hardware issue.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Really? exactly the same issue?

Highlighted
Asteroid

@DavesTake Have you tried turning touch sensitivity on in the display settings to make it more sensitive?