Original topic:

S20 FE 5G Very Buggy

(Topic created on: 12/5/20 5:28 PM)
kolbym
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I just got a brand new unlocked S20 FE and have been greeted by many bugs, most of which ruin the experience. 

- Audio wiggles from Stereo L to R via any audio device

- Audio will randomly play a loud blank noise or high frequency 

- Camera preview has green and blue flashes or glitches

- When charging, after a while the phone will do a 15 minute restart, and when you unlock it again it will crash and do the same thing (the only way around it is to turn it off before you unlock it again)

- Many animations are very glitchy (camera shutter button, fingerprint scan, etc)

- System UI is constantly crashing, and when the rotation is locked it happens more frequently

- After closing an app via task manager, it will exit to the non-defaulted home app

- Apps constantly crash

Is anyone else having these issues like its a software thing or should I get this replaced? I have discovered all of these withing a day of having it. I purchased the phone through Samsung unlocked. Just tried formatting, all issues remain still.

UPDATE: I have contacted Samsung, they told me to call a number for a replacement, the person on the line told me to call the exact same number, I called again and started a "repair" ticket. Why do I have to get it repaired? The first 2 people said I could get a replacement if I called the number as I was still in the 14 day period. If I have to pay for this I'm gonna be upset, and the same if it comes back unchanged.

Update: I have finally finished the "repair" process. I am beyond upset. I asked for a replacement. Did not get a replacement. They didn't even fix it. They didn't acknowledge any of the issues I mentioned. I waited all this time for them to do absolutely nothing.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Nightfireman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Haven't had this issue at all with my Galaxy S20 FE 5G. Has been a wonderful upgrade since my last phone. i will note it is from T-Mobile.
kolbym
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for the response. As much as I don't want to I'm gonna try a format. Ill update the post when I'm done.

Wassim
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
call samsung and they should be able to replace it for you
0 Likes
kolbym
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I have finally finished the "repair" process. I am beyond upset. I asked for a replacement. Did not get a replacement. They didn't even fix it. They didn't acknowledge any of the issues I mentioned.
0 Likes
user1RlwnQGzMW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

No matter the carrier it is Samsung Policy to do a 15 day exchage or refund as with any other electronics do have a 15 day period,so if u are given any issues as long as u spoke to a person actually DOING their job they should have notated your account and will have to do a replacement hope this helps. FYI do not be afraid to let ur frustrations be known!

0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

tested and dont have any of the issue you mentioned.

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

they sohuld be able to tell you what the issue is

0 Likes