Original topic:

S20 FE 5G rejects some emergency contacts

(Topic created: 08-18-2021 11:09 AM)
AnonymousCoward
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi, I'm using a Galaxy S20 FE 5G on Metro, with the software updated this morning. I'm trying to set up emergency contacts who can be dialed from the lock screen, but only some contacts can be added to the emergency group list, while others silently disappear with no error message or other notification. Can only contacts on the phone be added, not those stored on the SIM card, or something like that? How do I fix it?

Thanks!
4 Replies
AnonymousCoward
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
A similar problem happens in Contacts with Add your favorite contacts. Some show up in the Select contacts list, some don't.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. Does this issue still occur when your phone is in safe mode? Are you noticing any other issues with any of your other apps on your phone?

0 Likes
AnonymousCoward
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
What is safe mode and how do I get to it? The closest a search found was Airplane mode. Thanks!
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Here are the steps to place your phone into safe mode.

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Bixby / Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Bixby / Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
  7. While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

Turn off safe mode

1. Press and hold the Bixby / Power and Volume down key.
  2. Tap Restart > Restart.
  3. The device will restart in standard mode and you can resume normal use.