JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 FE 5G will not charge in my car with a charging cord

(Topic created: 01-01-2021 10:36 PM)
JenC84
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I just purchased this phone because the GPS on my last phone stopped working so I would get lost easily when traveling far. Now it seems like I have the same problem because the new phone will not charge in my car with a charging cord and the battery runs out super fast. Does anyone have a clue of what do to?

9 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Make sure you are not using an aftermarket charging cord. A)so, check for blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker (at your auto dealership) .
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
It charges at home/office? Then the fault had to lie with the car usb port or cable.
0 Likes
JenC84
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
The phones charges fine at home with any cord. The car charges other phones just fine. It's just this one. so this is what happens, I connect it to the charger in my car, the phone shows it's charging and after a few seconds the charging signal goes away and the phone stops charging. Super weird.
0 Likes
userujebCE7yiK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Ever figure this out? I'm having same problem phone is brand new. Charges for few seconds then stops while using USB port in car. Charges other phones just fine.  It left me without GPS in middle of Philly at midnight.  Brand new phone super frustrating 

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

This is entirely dependent on the type of USB connection with the car as well as the amperage output. Is this a USB connection that connects to the audio/stereo system of the car or is it an adapter that plugs into the DC outlet?

userHPHSLZXAlq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same problem. With a A32 5g. AC charging block works fine. Vehicle USB ports won't charge or will a cigarette lighter adapter USB.  

0 Likes
userANbyluiwt9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
same here
0 Likes
userANbyluiwt9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
need help
0 Likes
userqdhl3r0RrY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi , we had the same problem with our S20 FE 5G phones, i played around and my car charges then and the wifes does not, its nothing to do with the phone, it depends on the car, example i tried putting a 32G usb into the usb port and it tries to read it but cannot because the size is too large, tried it in many cars and never works, so with the fact that my car a renault megane charges the s20 FE 5G and my wifes renault clio does not , i suggested to my wife that she turns the s20 FE 5G off and try again, hey presto it charges, so the car cannot read all the info from the phone while it is switched on as its too much, only way is turning the phone off and charging it, hope this helps 

0 Likes