Original topic:

S20 FE Can't connect to WiFi Calling

(Topic created on: 4/14/21 2:32 AM)
MzBliss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Room mate just bought the S 20 FE from Samsung last week. Works fine so far, except he cannot get wifi calling to work. Wifi data works fine, but when he tries to turn wifi calling on, it says it cannot do so, and gives error code  RE0006.
His previous phones worked fine with wifi calling, and so have mine. I now have an S 21 and it works fine with wifi calling, so it isn't the router. We live in a terrible area for phone service so wifi calling is a must.
We are both with Pure Talk, and I've never had any problems with them in the years I have used them.They use AT&T towers. I spent half the evening with Tech support tonight and they can't figure out why it isn't working either, we tried deleting the settings, reinstalling them , changing them and she even called her supervisor and they had no clue either.
Anyone have any ideas other than moving (can't do) or returning the phone for a different one?
I read somewhere that these FE's had wifi calling issues.
Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
saxappeal
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
I would try talking to your carrier to confirm wifi calling on the S20 FE is actually compatible and available. I get that it's on the phone and it's supposed to work but the S20 FE's sometimes run into issues such as this being an alternate version to the actual S20. Sounds bad but it's happens with the Samsung Active lineup devices in the past too(no with wifi calling but other compatibility issues). I would double check with the carrier and see what they can do.
GreggMI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
The S20 FE works on WiFi, but is not stable. It will connect and disconnect at random. It seems Samsung trys to pass it off as a poor router connection, or your service provider. It is the phone.
MzBliss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I actually called and spoke with tech at Samsung for quite awhile. Fortunately, he was able to prove that the phone actually does work on WiFi calling and showed me. Told me to contact tech support with my carrier and  demand they escalate to their higher level tech and if I was having problems to do a 3 way call with him at Samsung along with tech at my carrier. Fortunately,  the next time I contacted them and actually got somebody this time who knew what was going on, she DID go in and turn on WiFi calling on the phone and it works fine now...so far.. anyway. Tech at Samsung said that WiFi calling has to be turned on by your carrier and if they don't turn it on, then you won't be able to have WiFi through that company. What a mess, but at least it's taken care of.

0 Likes