cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

S20 FE Screen Replacement - Horrible Corporate Handling

I'm simply going to call it like I see it.

You ship a phone with Gorilla Glass 3, which is fairly easy to break, but do not grant your Authorized Repair Centers (UBreakIFix) the certification nor the parts to fix a broken/cracked screen.

The only option for repair is to send the phone to you guys for repair, which takes 2 weeks (or more due to the ever present COVID delay). 

This is unbelievable. As most of the world is operating remotely, we cannot go 2 weeks without a phone. So I'm stuck with a shattered screen from a 2 foot drop and I can't get it fixed in a timely manner. 

My only other choice is to buy a cheap backup phone and wait for you all to <edit> certify your "Authorized" repair centers. Which, by the way, they have no IDEA when that will be considering that for any other phone (sans the Fold) they have parts and authorization for AT LAUNCH.

This is absolutely the last Samsung product I buy. I steered clear for years and figured I'd give you a shot again. Nah. I'm out.
2 REPLIES 2
Astronaut

Re: S20 FE Screen Replacement - Horrible Corporate Handling

Thank you for this post I was thinking if buying my lady the S20 for a gift. I will choose something else
Nebula

Re: S20 FE Screen Replacement - Horrible Corporate Handling

I hate to say it, but the Customer support for Samsung has gone way downhill!!! I've been waiting for 3 months to get a charger for my Galaxy S20+ and I'm still waiting!!! I've spoken to so many Managers and that makes absolutely no difference! I would highly recommend choosing a different company as Samsung's customer service is terrible!!! - It's hard to imagine that Ibreakufix is unable to fix your screen. And it's not like these phones are cheap! For the price, you'd think you'd be entitled to good service. NOT!!! - Good luck with your screen.