Original topic:

S20 FE Touchscreen Issues

(Topic created on: 10/4/20 3:21 PM)
Oldsalt179
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

When is the update for the S20FE getting screen touch update.  It is very hard to deal with sometimes. Can slide screen up or down but touch will not work then after few minutes it works for a minute.. they say update is out but I can not get it please help

291 Replies
fncd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have 2 of the S20 FE. One from T-Mobile and one from Samsung directly (unlocked). They both have the same software and both exhibit the screen issues you are all seeing.
userxks8FFJI0a
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

At&t version here. Same issues with touch screen and jerky scrolling. Missing my OnePlus 7T already. My phone is ATI9

0 Likes
user8b7K1AzL3v
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same. ATT and having issues. No update available yet

0 Likes
user4ktBE2or7x
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

@somuch2say wrote:
I just had my new phone delivered yesterday. Is anyone else having touch screen issues? It seems like I have to be very deliberate with how I touch the screen. The phone is often either not responding to my taps or it interprets a swipe as a tap or a tap as a swipe. It's very annoying. 

In the last year I've had the S9+ and the Note 10+ and never had this issue.

I've played with the sensitivity options and removed the plastic screen cover and have issues no matter what.

Same here and its very annoying to say the least.

T-Mobile  QP1A. 190711.020.G781USQU1ATIG

y0d444
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
my big issue is when I flick for scrolling it hardly moves it's like I'm fighting with it hate it never had this issue on any android phones and I've had alot doesn't feel very responsive either
0 Likes
userJsjoMAke0g
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
yes,I am and its very frustrating. pretty unusable
0 Likes
userJsjoMAke0g
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the stig update from after I started my phone. Still having touchscreen issues.I have tmobile. its basically useless.
userJsjoMAke0g
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I also tried the update, removing the screen protector which helped some but not enough and the settings
userutX5uo0Mye
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Came here to report the same issue with my screen. I have the latest ATIG update but my touches still fail to register sometimes. Two taps are needed instead of one but it's inconsistent. Scrolling this thread was also a pain because of the effort required to scroll up to the top. Debating if I should return this phone as it seems risky waiting for another update that may or may not fix it. Coming from an iPhone, it makes me want to go back

0 Likes
Members_3hNZXlc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Since the ATIG update my phone is working perfect. Even while charging i now have zero screen issues. Strange how the update seems to help some but not others. Since the update I'm really happy with the phone.