cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

S20 FE Touchscreen Issues

I got this phone the day it came out and one day later I was having touchscreen issues. It repeatedly kept ghost touching in the bottom right corner that went away after a few minutes but I've also just been noticing general oversensitivity on the screen. Typing will often try to swipe type when I'm not trying to, scrolling hardly ever works if I'm not using my thumb to do so, and when I'm watching YouTube just slightly touching the edge of the screen will cause a touch on the screen. Is anyone else having this problem as well? I've seen a few other posts on the forum and if there are already this many within the first few days I'm thinking there might be some kind of manufacturing defect.
TLDR: My phone's digitizer is malfunctioning.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S20 FE Touchscreen Issues

if you are still in the return time I would exchange it. when making millions of phones they do batch testing and it is possible you got a defective device. I ordered the Note 20 Ultra and had problems with it power cycling when playing games got my replacement and it runs perfect
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: S20 FE Touchscreen Issues

That's what I'm planning on doing. I just hope this isn't a widespread issue.
Highlighted
Constellation

Yes but it's a lot of phones that are having this problem. I have had 2 so far and the same thing keeps happening. I'll be receiving my 3ed on Monday and I'm hoping that it will be ok if not, I give up on samsung. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yeah I turned down touch sensitivity. How do I fix the swiping problem in the settings?
Highlighted
Constellation

same issue - T-Mobile variant. very annoying. Samsung help
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: S20 FE Touchscreen Issues

I just replaced my phone with a new one yesterday... I'm already having the same touch screen issues. I can barely select and hold on my apps because it just opens them
Highlighted
Astronaut

i know whats causing it now. It's whenever I'm charging my phone and scrolling. The screen lags when I'm charging and it opens up the tab or selection that my finger is touching when I'm swiping.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello,

Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if it will help resolve touch screen issues you are experiencing.

Wipe system cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Try booting your device in safe mode:

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

If the symptoms do not persist in this mode, means a third-party app may be causing this to occur. I would recommend deleting each individual third-party app until the symptoms do not occur anymore.

If the symptoms do still persist in safe mode, I recommend backing up your device and performing a factory reset. I know this may not be the ideal step to take but this will reset the device to its factory default settings.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same problem in Canada. Did a factory reset...no apps installed and still having the problem so let's not try to distract people with a 3rd party app problem. I don't know of any 3rd party apps that can screw up your touch screen.

There is obviously a very widespread problem here and the sooner Samsung acknowledges it, the better their credibility will be. Do we need to talk about the Note 7 again? 

Get this fixed Samsung...or at least acknowledge it. If I return this phone, there's no reason to believe the next one won't have the same problem.