Original topic:

S20 FE Touchscreen Issues

(Topic created: 10-07-2020 05:49 AM)
Oldsalt179
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

When is the update for the S20FE getting screen touch update.  It is very hard to deal with sometimes. Can slide screen up or down but touch will not work then after few minutes it works for a minute.. they say update is out but I can not get it please help

291 Replies
Leon66
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Same here, I have no screen protector on it yet but the typing doesn't respond sometimes and it won't respond when I try to zoom in on pictures
0 Likes
nicole245
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
this is now my second phone in 5 days and this one is also freezing and glitches when trying to unlock or scrolling even freezes when im typing and sends messages that don't make sense
0 Likes
userI0J7VlNpn7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey, see this thread I created on reddit. I made some comparisons between the note 10 and the S20 FE 5G regarding touch input sampling.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Galaxy_S20/comments/j6cdu0/s20_fe_5g_smg781bds_has_a_touchscreen_hardware/?...

0 Likes
RenoNevada
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My unlocked phone shipped with the ATIG build number as well, and after many resets, I still have the same problem with touch input freezing up and more common touch/swipe confusions the phone seems to have. 

Yeah, Samsung won't do anything. They rushed this product, and they don't give a darn about their customers on this one. It's a nice build quality phone, but they got the fundamental function of a touchscreen smart phone wrong. All I can say is hopefully a suture update will fix l of this in the future. 

I want to love this phone so much that I'm considering just hanging onto it and seeing if it improves (letting big a-hole corportation win). With the way the Moto Edge screen burn issue has gone though, I think there may be a hardware quality control problem that can't be fixed. 

userI0J7VlNpn7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Yeah I'm suspecting a hardware issue as well. Some people have reported the touch screen behavior changes when the phone is plugged in VS when battery powered. To me, that seems like an electro technical issue, i.e. hardware fault in this case. Today, I e-mailed the Samsung Shop to return the second S20 FE 5G. I won't be buying a third one. I'm thinking of giving Sony's new flagship a try. 

0 Likes
FecknKyle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I have T-Mobile and got my phone straight from the store. The only issue I have is lack of accessories. Other than that, AMAZING phone. STOP blaming the carrier and the manufacturer. Sometimes the software needs adjusted. You people forget these people are HUMAN. There's no way to know there's an issue unless it's reported. Just be patient. 🙂
0 Likes
userI0J7VlNpn7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

This isn't about blaming any single person. It's about the fact that you pay a few hundred dollars for a product that you expect to work as expected. If it doesn't, well then that's not what you paid for, right? So in that case, the product gets sent back for a refund. Easy as that.

Members_3hNZXlc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

So you enjoy spending good money on excrement, hoping some day it might be worth what we paid??? Guessing you work for samsung or tmobil...?

0 Likes
FecknKyle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
not saying you can't get your money back, I'm just saying the issue can and will be fixed. Mine is working fine with no issues. My only argument is that I wish they had more accessories. And yes, you pay for something, it doesn't work, get your money back. Simple. Never said to just deal with it. I'm just saying I don't have any issues.
0 Likes
FecknKyle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
UPDATE: I Tried it plugged in and there IS a touchscreen glitch. I used to experience this with my last iphone. An easy fix for that was just don't use the phone plugged in. I never do, so I never noticed it. Hopefully they figure it out.
0 Likes