Original topic:

S20 FE Touchscreen Issues

(Topic created on: 10/12/20 8:39 AM)
Oldsalt179
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

When is the update for the S20FE getting screen touch update.  It is very hard to deal with sometimes. Can slide screen up or down but touch will not work then after few minutes it works for a minute.. they say update is out but I can not get it please help

291 Replies
mogulman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same for me.  I thought it was the plastic screen protector so I've been using it without a screen protector.   Not sure if this is better yet.  We'll see.  Unlocked Verizon Prepaid.   I had an S9+ before with no issues.

0 Likes
Members_3hNZXlc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I thought mine was fixed, but now, after less than a week after the update the screen issues are returning. I should have never sent an old phone back for credit. Now I'm stuck with a pos of a smartphone. This will be my last purchase of ANYTHING Samsung. I got this pos for $199 and even at that price its not worth it. 

0 Likes
userQkcl1pKOaI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Having the same issue with mine from AT&T. Ready to take it back.

NowItsMillerTime
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

This has been incredibly frustrating and disappointed is an understatement.  I've even looked up and performed tests within the hidden menu which has a few for the screen - of course the tests all pass with no issues - yet it's almost pointless to try to scroll or touch the screen unless you prefer unintentional calls going out and other tabs opening in your browser instead of a simple request to move the website your on down.  Garbage phone Samsung, chumps better get some updates sent to us but honestly I don't think it'll be that simple.  Best way to fix this is returning or use sandpaper on the screen so it's truly responsive.  This thing is more sensitive than my wife.

0 Likes
exh40176
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I only have this issue when playing games on the phone, its non responsive to taps and swipes 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

which game?

0 Likes
exh40176
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Jungle marble blast, which is the only game I play. I also have it on another phone and works fine, even the s10 I traded in for the s20 FE played it with no issues.

0 Likes
userPuH4qhYxNF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the unlocked version and I too have the touchscreen issue. Swipes are registering as taps. It makes it  difficult to use, obviously. 

0 Likes
userLv4MHmvczA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having the same issues. UW Verizon version. Very Frustrating.

0 Likes
userrvRAzZR6ct
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I pre-ordered mine and it came on the launch day.   Immediately, touch screen issues trying to answer the phone.  I couldn't touch or slide the green or red buttons.  I thought it was an issue and headed to my local AT&T store.  While waiting and searching, I enabled some of the Accessibility features.   This helped and has worked wince although I have a faint button which I can move around always appearing on my screen on the side.  I'm hoping this is just a firmware-like issues and is resolved soon . 

0 Likes