Original topic:

S20 FE Touchscreen Issues

(Topic created on: 11/5/20 10:08 PM)
Oldsalt179
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

When is the update for the S20FE getting screen touch update.  It is very hard to deal with sometimes. Can slide screen up or down but touch will not work then after few minutes it works for a minute.. they say update is out but I can not get it please help

291 Replies
userfx5T165S5a
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Screenshot_20201102-190656_Touch Screen Test.jpgScreenshot_20201102-193257_Touch Screen Test.jpg

two tests, both a significant fail:

First image is supposed to be alternating vertical lines, not supposed to be ANY crossover between them!

Second image is pinch test - repeating exact same gesture (pinch from sides to middle, where my fingers touch).  Note how the left side stops registering my finger most of the time!

Also very difficult to text (swiping regularly "loses" my finger), completely throwing off what I'm trying to say and having to punch instead one letter at a time (and ever then it STILL messes up).  Been swiping for years (many phones ago) and never had this problem before.

FYI latest available software (ATJ5), info also attached 

FWIW with Virgin Mobile Canada, but really seems to be a global issue.

(edited to attach extra Screenshot_20201102-195406_Settings.jpgscreenshot)

0 Likes
userDlfPZMjTIF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I still have touch issues after the latest October updates. My touches are sometimes not recognized requiring repeat clicks, scrolling and zooming in are jittery, double to wake on lock screen does not work 30% of the time. What a mess

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userV5wUHdsaK4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I hear you. I returned my first one and my second one has the same issues. My brother also has issues with his 2nd phone. I installed the latest patch, but still the issues remain.

Something tells me all the s20 FE's have this issue. Some users don't notice it or are choosing to live with it. However, the device is $950 in Canada and not worth it with theses issues.

Does anyone know what other non-Samsung phones are similar in specs?

0 Likes
MH333
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
why hasn't Samsung officially addressed this issue yet? so frustrating and disappointing
userixVu6DeVQt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm sure Samsung knows what the problem is. It's probably hardware and they're trying to correct it with software updates, and haven't been very successful so far. It's a major failure for Samsung to let these phones go into production and distribution. They must abhor The idea of a recall and are waiting to balance too bad options; the reputational damage of a recall and the reputational damage and dissatisfied customers from unsuccessful fixes. As far as I am concerned, this is a test of Samsung's loyalty to customers.

0 Likes
usergWW1xNBWnK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I don't have the issue. I'm getting paranoid looking for it. I've done multiple screen tests and every time I try to duplicate and issue I can't. 

The only thing that comes close is that very slow zoom in Instagram is a bit jerky. I zoom much smoother. 

I don't deny some have the issues since I've seen the tests. It seems variable though. 

I expect there has been batches of phones not up to the expected standard. 

0 Likes
Weakwifi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@usergWW1xNBWnK wrote:

I don't have the issue. I'm getting paranoid looking for it. I've done multiple screen tests and every time I try to duplicate and issue I can't. 

The only thing that comes close is that very slow zoom in Instagram is a bit jerky. I zoom much smoother. 

I don't deny some have the issues since I've seen the tests. It seems variable though. 

I expect there has been batches of phones not up to the expected standard. 

usergWW1xNBWnK you don't have to go looking for the problem.  If you test it like like this guy as he does in his video it will be crystal clear whether your phone has the issue or not. 

On some phones, it's not as bad, so more than likely many people haven't noticed the issue in their day to day use and say their phone is fine and they have no issues.  If your phone passes the above test method, you're extremely lucky.

I've read of people with the S20 FE that exhibits the touchscreen problem in the US, Australia, Germany, Korea, Bulgaria, Canada, France.  This is with ATJ5 and ATJ6 firmware updates, also with hardware versions 1.0 and 1.1.  So to me, it's seems hardware related, and software can only mask or improve the faulty hardware.  Up to now, nobody has proven in video that their S20 FE has been able to pass the above test, like the guy in the video performed the test.  

If your phone fails the above test, but you're okay using in your day to day usage, then great carry on. 

userg15GUeSMxg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I got stuttering when i scrolled web page and zoomed photo. I got last update and still got this problem. Is this firmware or hardware problem? We all wait for explain pls say something Screenshot_20201103-152555_Video Player.jpg

0 Likes
user36MFv4ZndJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same issue and I have ATJ5 (FE 5G US phone), this is definitely not resolved. After a restart it might take 2 days to appear but it will appear. I.e. I'm unable to type letter "g" on the keyboard.