Original topic:

S20 FE Touchscreen Issues

(Topic created on: 11/25/20 8:52 PM)
Oldsalt179
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

When is the update for the S20FE getting screen touch update.  It is very hard to deal with sometimes. Can slide screen up or down but touch will not work then after few minutes it works for a minute.. they say update is out but I can not get it please help

291 Replies
userJrpkcNkZXR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Bought 2 November 5 2020.

Unlocked.

One red one blue.

BOTH have the touch screen issues.

Return it for $200 refund/credit?

Why peddle a defective product at full price. 

Class Action?

Victims?

betancd
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Its a known issue on the device. Last I read, Samsung is working on a firmware fix. https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/10/22/samsung-says-its-working-to-resolve-the-s20-fes-touchscreen...
0 Likes
FBOL
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
Mine stutters with some frequency. Wish they'd fix this as it is very annoying.
0 Likes
Members_KdMRlBm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the unlocked version of this phone. I currently have the latest software update with October Security Patch. 

G781U1UEU1ATJ5, G781U1OYM1ATJ5, G781U1UEU1ATJ5. 

In the decsription of the update it says "Touch screen Firmware has been updated".

I can confirm that my phone had issues when I got it with the touchscreen. I can confirm those issues still exist and there has been no change after that update. For me the issue is random and pretty bad, it seems worse on my device with the lowest half of the screen, especially when I try to text, swipe, or hit the home and back buttons. When I swipe to text it doesn't complte the word and spits out several small words or letters. When I hit the back button or home button, it is sometimes completely unresponsive. I use google messages when texting. A reboot of the phone seems to be a temporary fix. 

If this is not fixed soon I will likely see about what options they offer for the manufacturer warranty. It is likely I would move to a different phone model all together. Samsung is #1 on my list for best phones, this has kinda been a slight dissapointment. In a rush to get a 5G cheap phone out I think the full testing got missed.

user4sWZIDioDV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

There's actually a newer update than what you have that further improves (allegedly) the touchscreen issues, but it hasn't been released in all markets yet.

user0yIOlepnMM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yeah I had the same problem with my phone didn't stop them from charging me a 10% restock fee even though they know about this problem. Samsung us to pride themselves on quality, looks like that has changed and it's just about the bottom line now. 

I reordered a new device so I'm hoping this one won't have the problem. I here that if you disable some gaming features this can help but I'm buying a phone with all those features because I want that. It's like buying a new car and telling the customer the care will run right if you don't use the AC, radio, or headlights..its quite ridiculous

It looks to me that this is a hardware problem not a software issue. If it was software it would be fixed by now. I'm sure samsung don't want to replace thousands of phones. So I guess there just going to keep selling them to unexpecting consumers. 

0 Likes
userpJxuF2uw8N
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Has the issue with your touchscreen been fixed?  I'm trying to debate on buying this phone but I'm sure if I purchase a phone that has been in the box for weeks hasn't had any of these updates you guys speak of and I'm concerned about having these issues 

0 Likes
Oldsalt179
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
no not yet. I hope it is soon. I love the phone. just not the problems and with samsung being quiet about any progress it is disheartening.
usergEtKfLGeGL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Got mine, the 5G version last friday. I got it updated to the latest firmware (G781BXXU1ATJ1) after I set it up with all the stuff I had on my old phone. I noticed some strange behavior when I was zooming pics but I didn't give it much attention at first. The more I used it, the more I was noticing the issue and I decided to look into it and boy I had such a surprise with all the posts on forums and complaints on the issue. As a long time samsung fan, this really dissapointed me, since they are not even acknowledging the issue and I'll surely return this garbage, disfunctional phone samsung has sold me and switch to a different brand. I suspect the problem is definetly hw related, otherwise it would have been fixed by now. I only posted to raise people's awarness and not get fooled into buying this device in it's current state.

FBOL
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
No
0 Likes