When is the update for the S20FE getting screen touch update. It is very hard to deal with sometimes. Can slide screen up or down but touch will not work then after few minutes it works for a minute.. they say update is out but I can not get it please help
Yes but it's a lot of phones that are having this problem. I have had 2 so far and the same thing keeps happening. I'll be receiving my 3ed on Monday and I'm hoping that it will be ok if not, I give up on samsung.
Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if it will help resolve touch screen issues you are experiencing.
Wipe system cache partition:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the Wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
Try booting your device in safe mode:
Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.
Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!
If the symptoms do not persist in this mode, means a third-party app may be causing this to occur. I would recommend deleting each individual third-party app until the symptoms do not occur anymore.
If the symptoms do still persist in safe mode, I recommend backing up your device and performing a factory reset. I know this may not be the ideal step to take but this will reset the device to its factory default settings.
Same problem in Canada. Did a factory reset...no apps installed and still having the problem so let's not try to distract people with a 3rd party app problem. I don't know of any 3rd party apps that can screw up your touch screen.
There is obviously a very widespread problem here and the sooner Samsung acknowledges it, the better their credibility will be. Do we need to talk about the Note 7 again?
Get this fixed Samsung...or at least acknowledge it. If I return this phone, there's no reason to believe the next one won't have the same problem.