Original topic:

S20 FE Touchscreen Issues

(Topic created on: 10/28/20 6:02 PM)
Oldsalt179
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

When is the update for the S20FE getting screen touch update.  It is very hard to deal with sometimes. Can slide screen up or down but touch will not work then after few minutes it works for a minute.. they say update is out but I can not get it please help

291 Replies
user7kj3Gyl7D6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

So Recently I've bought s20 fe 5G it was all good and positive until I bumped at the touch screen issues and I was shocked I thought that updating it to the latest version the security patch of december 1st would fix it but it didn't!

And there's a whole reddit megathread talking about the issue saying that samsung is denying it

Could anyone help me please??

I'm using the 8GB version of the S20 FE 5G with Snapdragon 865

0 Likes
Burburacah
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
let's wait for the Android 11 update in a couple of weeks, I think it'll be fixed
0 Likes
dallas580
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I just bought the Samsung s20 fe. what is this about touch issues.
Forgive my ignorance,I'm new to the fancier phones. Last phone I bought was 2014(Samsung j7)
0 Likes
R3NO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

follow the instructions in this video to reproduce the issue 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpHZsz3RHJY

How to check and reproduce Galaxy S20 FE touch screen issue?* Some reports suggest that problem is solved with the latest OneUI 3.0 firmware! *Galaxy S20 FE ...
0 Likes
hayleyxziggy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm using a Samsung s20 FE 5g 6gb ram bought in the UK in late September,  only been using it since Christmas but have not had any screen problems , I did the screen test and had no ghost touches , I also play pokemon go on my phone and I've had no problems with the screen,  this is my first android phone from using iPhone for about 7 years , I've had no problems with this phone tho

0 Likes
Joeylgutierrez
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I definitely have this issue in games like brawl stars where the character stops moving or moves incorrectly but other games which have similar controls like pubg work fine. I thought maybe I was touching the edges so I used Edge app but it didn't help

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
Joeylgutierrez
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I tried that and it's still not working. I probably won't be able to play that game any longer. for the most part this is a good phone so far, I've only had it a week. that is kind of unfortunate but it seems software related so hopefully it can be worked out
0 Likes
uservPsUhNgs6H
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi,

I know you guys are also working there and does not own the company share but please do something else and report this to your manager and insist for communicating the problem to the managenet to take a decision. This is the exact problem with call centers and web moderators, they try to follow the standard procedure instead of seeing the real market issue and report it!

As you guys do not, we also do not earn the money that easy, so paying that much of money and getting a unit which has cronic failure is not nice. I live in scandinavia, the other guy in canada, some in US, all over the world there is this problem. We are not stupid, most of the people here is highly educated people.

I am an experienced electronics engineer working in a global company, and we make design changes for even a single market failure, yes, a single market failure can lead us to make a task force team and design change. I cannot believe that all these consumer electronics companies are selling millions of devices and they do not even react on their faulty devices as long as there is not safety related things happening (like battery explosion in airplane).

Please report this market failure to the management team.

Regards.

userBNe4h6naSc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I bought this smartphone yesterday. I love to play mobile games. But because of this problem S20 FE is absolutely useless for me.

0 Likes