Original topic:

S20 FE Touchscreen Issues

(Topic created on: 10/28/20 6:02 PM)
Oldsalt179
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

When is the update for the S20FE getting screen touch update.  It is very hard to deal with sometimes. Can slide screen up or down but touch will not work then after few minutes it works for a minute.. they say update is out but I can not get it please help

291 Replies
roastedwookie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

It happens also when not charging. I have the factory screen protector still on. I haven't noticed any screen shaking when zooming in, but in some apps, scrolling has a delay. This shows that a low quality touch sensor has been implemented by Samsung, and I doubt that any other software update would do much to fix this. I will return this phone...too bad Samsung did not manage to deliver a decent experience on it.

0 Likes
Khyodo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
same issue as well. also touch screen starts to not work every morning and have to restart to fix it only for it to stop working a few days later. If you have to restart your phone everytime to temporarily fix it this is a pain. I wanted to give samsung a chance but man this was disappointing.

I have a tmobile launch unit and misdetection of swipe and press is still present.
0 Likes
userHxxnDQcsOh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

How do we go about getting a warrany replacement? Called customer service and they want me to take it to a repair facility.

It seems this is a possible widespread hardware issue with the S20 FE versus a software fix..

usersQVxL5MUh9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Same happened to me, but I told them I am definitely not willing do to anything. They sold me a malfuntioning unit, and I even spent too much time on testing it. I am not a beta tester. So I just send it back within the return period. Will re-order it once they fix all the problem, because it is a pretty good phone.

0 Likes
roastedwookie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Unless they recall the units and replace the low quality touch sensor, I doubt this can be fixed just by a software update :(

0 Likes
userovg0S37rXL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Can we get a reply from Samsung? I love everything else about this phone and want to keep it but they're not making it easy... We need to know if it's something they are aware of and looking into before our return window expires!

0 Likes
usersQVxL5MUh9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Do you see any replies from them except the standard "try to reset your phone"? Do you believe that they are not aware of the low manufacturing quality of their mass-produced first batch?

Do you wait for a promise that they fix it with a firmware later?

0 Likes
EchoTrail
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I am having the same issue...incredibly annoying as it randomly just shuts down whatever I am scrolling and reading. Often the Google Assistant will just pop up while whatcI am reading disappears. I like the phone but this will get me to return it if it isn't resolved by Samsung quickly. The next Pixel 5 is out and getting this phone instead of that one was a close call anyway.
0 Likes
EchoTrail
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I tried the clear cache routine recommended by Samsung Jojo and the touchscreen issues I've had seemed to go away. But I will be watching closely. Any recurrence and Pixel 5 here I come!
0 Likes
userovg0S37rXL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

What clear cache routine is this?

0 Likes