Original topic:

S20 FE Touchscreen Issues

(Topic created: 10-28-2020 06:02 PM)
Oldsalt179
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

When is the update for the S20FE getting screen touch update.  It is very hard to deal with sometimes. Can slide screen up or down but touch will not work then after few minutes it works for a minute.. they say update is out but I can not get it please help

291 Replies
wanamaker
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm experiencing the same problem with my new unlocked phone. I'm on at&t
0 Likes
jdub337
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having this problem as well.  I'm using the factory unlocked model build QP1A. 190711.020.G781U1UEU1ATIG.  Seems to have issues recognizing swipes and it's noticiable when swiping down for notifications, browsing and swiping app drawer to name a few examples.  

Options
Galaxy S20

you have T-Mobile as well?

0 Likes
jdub337
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
using the factory unlocked on AT&T service. there's been no updates to my phone out of the box as of yet.
0 Likes
SD77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes, I'm having the same problem too. I also have the T-Mobile version. It's driving me crazy.
SD77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
My T-Mobile device just received a software update. Hopefully it gets fixed.
0 Likes
SD77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
And the problem still exists after the update
0 Likes
userV5wUHdsaK4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here.   Bought mine directly from Samsung Canada.  They are going to see a flood of returns in the next two weeks.  All the Canadians who purchased furst release phones are going to be sending them back.  Dunno why they haven't released a statement

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

report the issue on samsung members app. error reports. 

0 Likes
somuch2say
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
well I feel I may have a lemon at this point. my phone started acting completely possessed last night. I couldn't even type properly to try and explain what was happening bc of random, phantom screen touches happening before my eyes without me even touching the phone. it was also unresponsive when plugged into the included charger/cord. I did a (very inconvenient) factory reset and started over from scratch. today it's a not possessed anymore but I'm wary

I'm totally disappointed in this phone. I've had Samsung phones for YEARS, I get a new one at least annually and have never had so many problems so early on. This phone is likely going back

ETA: so far this morning after the factory reset and software update, the phone seems to be better than it has since I opened it up. hoping it's permanent :crossed_fingers:
0 Likes