Original topic:

S20 FE Touchscreen Issues

(Topic created on: 10/28/20 6:02 PM)
Oldsalt179
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

When is the update for the S20FE getting screen touch update.  It is very hard to deal with sometimes. Can slide screen up or down but touch will not work then after few minutes it works for a minute.. they say update is out but I can not get it please help

291 Replies
Faria
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

This doesn't solve the problem. Look how many people are with the same problem: https://www.reddit.com/search/?q=s20%20fe%20touchscreen

userV5wUHdsaK4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here.   Bought mine directly from Samsung Canada.  They are going to see a flood of returns in the next two weeks.  All the Canadians who purchased furst release phones are going to be sending them back.  Dunno why they haven't released a statement

user3jMDkFketc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

US Verizon version, bought for my wife last week.

This morning I learned about the issue in passing, asked her (she hadn't really noticed anything) then tried out the app. Failed miserably. Saw an update to BTJ5 and Dled it. After it reset, still issues. 

But wanting to double-check I powered off the phone completely again. Then fired it up and checked the app. Major improvements. I actually thought it was completely fixed as I just couldn't get anything to pop. But then I did, primarily when doing the "Double finger swipe down"...occasionally, very occasionally, it would pop a bit to the side. That said, I honestly can think of a single time I would need to double finger swipe down (no gaming on phone, just texting, browsing, pics)

So yes, the update appears to be doing something. At first, I was getting that classic "X" in the middle as seen in the video. After the update, not happening anymore. 

Just got this phone a week ago at Best Buy so may have to return. I have one week of return window left so hopefully they can iron this out soon

0 Likes
userm63whOZJA3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have done all of this and the issue still persists. Please advise

user0yIOlepnMM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I did this on 2 phones and there was no difference. The 3ed phone will be here this Monday. Did the software updates as well..no difference. This is clearly a hardware, quality control, and or manufacturing problem. You can do your best to strung customers along untill the return time has expired but that's not going to sit well with your customers. I was told, "it would go away in 5 days" 

Your samsung. You sell millions of "units" a year, sure your going to have some problems but this is wide spread and effecting quit a lot of phones. 

We didn't need a work around we need a FIX to the problem with the reassurance the problem is solved, not just patched up only to come back. 

This isue is not only annoying and frustrating, it also readers the device useless. I personally appreciate the attempt to help rectify the problem but what we really need ain a clear  acknowledgment of the problem and a permanent fix form Samsung. Hopefully there is one very very soon as people will be receiving there phones as gifts this holiday season only to end up retuning it. Thanks for your time 

0 Likes
userNCRwpiJBhV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having the same issues - a section of the top screen is not responding (or very laggy) and the swipe down seems to happen automatically when touching elseswhere. Issue was for about 5-10 mins after taking off charge (two days after unboxing!)

0 Likes
Khyodo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I thought this was just me because it was 120hz but I've been having the same issues. I also have a section of my screen stop working without a restart.
0 Likes
roastedwookie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue here. Sometimes when I swipe the phone registers a tap. Europe, S20 FE 5G

0 Likes
Faria
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Yap, also got the same problem. FE 5G, sometimes the phone makes touches I don't make. In this example, I start making touches from the top of the screen to the center and got a response in the left part of the screen:20201012_202300.jpg
Options
Galaxy S20

what testing app is this? and what software version do you have currently? 

0 Likes