JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 FE back button lagging/not responding

(Topic created: 05-30-2021 10:23 AM)
usercUwg1ctLwi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

So, my S20 Fe is barley half a year old & I've already had a door step repair due to the back button lagging/not responding.

The back button will work fine for a while & then just stop responding.. I have to press it like 5 times to back out of one thing.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I don't want to keep having the phone repaired as it need it for work

Shame really, as its a nice phone

0 Likes
5 Replies
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
I've had maybe once or twice some button lag but not often by any means. Once a few months maybe but when it does happen and I restart the phone, it works just fine again.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20
Wipe cache partition
Repair apps
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Use the option to get rid of the buttons altogether and start using finger gestures.
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

if it happens again with your replaced device, report it to Samsung Members right away so it can be looked into.

I haven't had the issue yet, but like it's mentioned above... it could be just that the phone is bloated with data and was reacting sluggish at times, wiping cache would help in those situations if i'm not mistaken

0 Likes
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

Honestly if you have tried the steps listed here with no change, repairs would be the next recommendation:

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you'll need to look, Google Play store and Galaxy app store. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/samsung-galaxy-s10/wipe-cache-partition-samsung-gal...
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help figure out of its being caused by an app that you can simply uninstall. Instructions: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
  5. Factory Data Reset. This option does wipe the device completely so you will need to make sure any important data has been backed up to a secondary source prior to completing this. This is completed using the Backup and Reset options in your settings. 

If you find repairs are the last option based on these steps, you are welcome to call us directly in order to look into your repair options at 1-800-726-7864. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.