Original topic:

S20 FE losing WiFi connection constantly

(Topic created on: 10/10/20 6:30 AM)
useryhG6eVD3Gt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I just got the S20 FE as an upgrade of my S9+ and I'm completly dissapointed I need to restart the phone 4 to 5 times a day to reconnect to my home network, PLEASE dont ask about my home network everything is rigth IT IS THE PHONE, it never happen with the S9+ or any other equipment at home. I NEED HELP, this is key for my work and now  I'm thinking to moving back to my S9+ which never had any issue

16 Replies
userlOiaOl3MNx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm with the same problem with my NOTE20 5G, it seems a software problem:
I'm following this post to know about updates. 
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note/note-20-ultra-wifi-issue/td-p/5652875

Samsung should fix it quickly, this is a big problem for expensive phones. 

NowItsMillerTime
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Not sure it'll work but you may try going to the phone keypad and typing 

*#2663#

Then refresh Wi-Fi connection.  Since I have the same phone you might as well tap the TSP update to fix - doubtful it will - the y terrible touch screen Samsung put on these phones.  Wi-Fi refresh though should work.

userlOiaOl3MNx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

thanks for your help, but unfortunately it didn't work out.
I will request a new phone through warranty.

userLqjFv8DeNZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Did they replace your phone?  Mine drops the stream about every 40 seconds. It's maddening. It's consistent, like clockwork. I turned off the wifi to see if it was isolated to wifi but it's doing it with my data streaming too.. it's really ridiculous. It was doing it some before the January 2021 update but now it's nonstop. 

0 Likes
userHpTZTvwH01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here. Exactly. 

0 Likes
useryhG6eVD3Gt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

This fixed my issue, I'm still testing but the connection so far has been stable!, thanks for the help!

0 Likes
NowItsMillerTime
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

No prob, hope it helps and might be wise to do that refresh monthly or obviously anytime you're having issues but hopefully you'll be much better now

0 Likes
lancealot66
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

nothing wrong with the screen

0 Likes
lancealot66
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

get a better router