I recently purchased an S20 FE, and I've been regularly experiencing touch sensitivity issues toward the bottom of the screen. My biggest troubles are when I try to type letters like "h" or even the space bar and I can't use those buttons on my keyboard. Sometimes even the "home" button area doesn't work well.
I do not have a screen protector on my phone, and I have already turned on Touch sensitivity in the settings. After a restart, sometimes it's better but not always.
Is there a fix for this, or do I just have a dud phone?
Have you attempted to wipe the system cache partition on the device recently?
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the Wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
Also, do you experience the same symptoms in safe mode?
Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.