cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 Flashing Proximity Sensor - Day 1

I had the S10 for one year and not once at any time during any call, off or on speaker, did I ever see a flashing proximity sensor. The first day with the S20 and the flashing proximity sensor can be seen when a call is on speaker the duration of the call. According the Samsung Chat Support this is the expected result of all S20. 

I know this was an issue for previous S10 users but I never experienced it while I had my S10. Just FYI for anyone with an S20

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 Flashing Proximity Sensor - Day 1

How's proximity sensor in S20 in general? It is reliable?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I would say yes based off of my usage

Highlighted
Asteroid

I saw this on mine and had no clue what it was coming from the S9+.  I kind of realized eventually what it was after seeing it a few more times.  Kind of makes you wonder if they can do that then why not make a notification LED still?  Based on this little flashing light you think they'd be able to still get the notification LED to work just fine.

Asteroid

Agreed

Highlighted
Constellation

I've got s20 plus with same issue.

What we have to do?

If they change it is gonna be ok?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I dont thinking changing it will make a difference; I believe, at least from what customer service told me, that this is the normal operation of the phone. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

This is normal when you see a flashing proximity sensor on your screen. This is visible in the top area of the screen when you are making a phone call. Notice when you cover the flashing white dot then the screen fades to black. This means that the proximity sensor is working properly. It's noticeable to any bezel-less device where the proximity sensor is hidden behind the screen. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Good afternoon userCHSclJ6vX5,

Please be advised that the blinking of the proximity sensor is in fact apart of the newest software updates and how the device proxy is built overall. The note 10 does it as well. Just like you I thought that something was wrong with my device however it is just the way the proxy is curently designed. When there is issues with the proximity sensor it usually consists of the screen not turning off when placed to your ear while on call or the screen stays dark away from your ear while on call.Woman Happy Enjoy the rest of your day.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have been wondering about the S20 proximity sensor.....does it have the same issues/problems as the S10 did? with the screen not consisently shutting off while the phone was up to your ear while on a call? My S10 was horrible!! I ended up continually putting people on hold, dialing random numbers, etc... while on a call with my S10. I am HOPING that the Samsung corrected those issues with the S20 model. I love the Galaxy and have never had problems until the S10. Samsung finally refunded my money for the S10. I am hoping to purchase the S20. 

How is the S20 working for anyone that has it? 

Thanks!