cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20+ GPS issues

I just experienced this issue using Google Maps navigation on T-Mobile in the US.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue t mobile told me to turn off my 5g and still no GPS 

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes Been about a month.  Agreed $1200 for what .. I had a 4 year old LG that always worked.

I think the interaction between 5G and GPS is the issue.  May also relate to the auto wifi toggle that drops it's connection when out of a known wifi location.  GPS uses wifi to narrow location in urban settings

Also, earlier this summer, the phone could not correctly handoff between 5G and LTE.  I have not noticed that recently

Highlighted
Constellation

GPS and Navigation Apps failing

There is a major problem with the GPS loosing connection when using Navigation Apps like Waze or Google Maps. I've seen several post stating to disable 5g, however that did not work. I just bought the phone and it has all the latest SW versions.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ever since updating my phone the other day, I cannot keep GPS functioning with my sportactive workout app the moments the screen blanks or locks. For anyone suggesting the battery optimization, that's not the issue. I have moved everything tracker and Sport related from Battery optimization, remove them from the put to sleep list, cleared caches, restarted my phone a dozen times, and essentially have lost to the last four hours of my life trying to find out why GPS shuts down the second the phone goes dark. It's not a battery optimization issue because now, nothing on my phone is optimized and it is still happening.

Highlighted
Constellation

Only fix I found is toggling the GPS off then back on. 5g on or off doesn't change anything for my phone. Rebooting phones also fixes it for usually a few hours.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Yes both my girlfriend and I are having GPS issues with brand new Samsung Galaxy s20s.

Highlighted
Constellation

Highlighted
Astronaut

Just got the September update, will test out the GPS tomorrow. Also found this article, hopefully it applies to S20 too
Highlighted