JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Group messages being received individually

(Topic created: 12-25-2020 12:23 PM)
userzd78PIjLd0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have read every post and tried eveything in this and other forums and recipients are still receiving group texts individually. It's embarrasing and affecting me at work. All I hear from my colleagues is "Get an iPhone!"... Please help!!!!

14 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

@userzd78PIjLd0 

Check if you have group messaging enabled by default. You can find this under the multimedia settings under "more settings" 

Screenshot_20200820-181453_Messages.jpg

userzd78PIjLd0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello, thanks for the reply, group messages are enabled Screenshot_20200820-182444_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
Samsung_HRXh94Z
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Having same problem with my Note 10 when replying my texts go individually to the people in the group and not back to the group.  Group settings is On.  Happens to both other Samsung phones and iphones.  I read someone saying its a carrier issue, but seems to be affecting Verizon and AT&T so hard to believe it's a carrier issue. 

0 Likes
LilLinklink
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Same issue galaxy s20 5g
Options
Galaxy S20

Under Message>Settings>More settings>Multimedia messages I do not have a Group conversation option shown below. I have only "Add subject field", Auto retrieve", "Auto retrieve while roaming", and "Restrictions". I am using S20+ 5G on T-mobile network, updated as of Nov 26, 2020.

I have same problem - group messages sent by others are received as individual messages. If I click on the message, it does not show any other recipients.

Wife has S9 on T-mobile, does not have this problem - sends and receives group messages just fine.

Please advise!

Thanks.

yarbreezy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
exact same issue. Did you get a resolution?
Options
Galaxy S20

No reply, no resolution. Smiley Sad How about you?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

what carrier? and what messenger do you use?

also, what is your software version? setting - about - software info - baseband ver

thanks

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

t-Mobile, for both myself (have this problem) and wife (does not have this problem).

G986NKSU1CTKD

Hope that's useful in identifying and resolving the problem.

Thanks!

Spyros

0 Likes