JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Issue - Only one option available for notification / ringtone sound

(Topic created on: 3/9/20 12:27 PM)
userOChnREgp0B
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

After a recent update (S20  /T-Mobile US), whenever I want to choose a different sound for a notification or a ring tone, there is only one option (default) available. I have plenty of mp3 file as well as OGG files on the phone but they are not listed. All worked well prior to the update. Any suggestions on how to fix this woud be appreciated. Thanks.

10 Replies
userrsbDVTz0T7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same issue!

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Just to clarify, you are seeing only one option when you go to settings > sounds and vibration > notification sound is that correct?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userOChnREgp0B
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, correct, just one option. Same goes for the ringtone - only one option is listed...

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Are you using any third party launchers? Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userOChnREgp0B
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

No 3rd party lounchers. Didn't try the safe mode yet...

0 Likes
userOChnREgp0B
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

OK, I can see all ringtones when in the safe mode. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

If you are able to see all ringtones with your device in safe mode it would be a third-party app causing the symptoms you are experiencing.

0 Likes
userOChnREgp0B
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Is there a way to find out which one?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I would recommend deleting the apps one by one to see which app is causing the systems you are experiencing.

0 Likes