cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20+ Locking Up During Calls

After the last system update, my phone is locking up during calls. If the call comes in, I can't hit answer or decline. If I make a call, as soon as the popup takes over the screen, I'm immediately unable to press any buttons. 

After a few moments, a dialog will come up that says, "Call Not Responding" Options are Wait or End Program. 

Ending the Call app just has the unresponsive popup come back. In the notification bar, the Telephone icon is there and completely blank. 

This is beyond frustrating, and rebooting the phone does nothing (although powering down the phone is the only way to hang up). 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20+ Locking Up During Calls

Exactly the same issue here, indeed very frustrating. Tried deleting phone app data, resetting factory settings, safe mode all no luck. Hope this will be fixed in a firmware or app update. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I factory reset several times, and the problem kept coming back. The last time after the reset, I restored and waited for the problem to resurface. 

- I backed up with smartswitch to my SD card

- factory wiped

- restored Google apps

- restored app settings from smartswitch

- restored Galaxy apps EXCEPT my AR stickers

As soon as I restored all my AR stickers, the dialer started freezing again.

I tried just installing certain stickers, and it's still usable. There's still an annoying delay before screen presses are accepted, but as best I can tell the issue seems related to the AR Stickers out of the Samsung Galaxy store itself. OR maybe it's just the number of things installed from the Galaxy store. 

Makes no sense to me... but it's the only way I can keep my phone usable is to keep the number of AR stickers low. If I install more, it starts up again. Fortunately, uninstalling a few of those AR stickers makes it responsive again.

Hope that helps for you!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Are you using the stock phone app?

Have you tried force stopping and clearing the cache and data on the phone app?

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Are you running any third-party launchers on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

YES

Are you using the stock phone app?

YES

Have you tried force stopping and clearing the cache and data on the phone app?

YES and YES (I tried it on several other system apps as well)

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

I haven't tried Safe Mode but see Pimmr above

Are you running any third-party launchers on your device?

YES I use Nova Launcher

I was able to seemingly isolate it to the number of AR stickers installer OR a certain type of sticker. Keeping those apps down to just a few is the only way to keep my Phone app usable. I'm not sure why the Call overlay is hanging over AR stickers installed, but this is a pretty serious bug which Samsung will hopefully fix soon.