JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Multiple Issues

(Topic created: 05-08-2021 11:04 AM)
notlikingsamsung
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have been a long time loyal Samsung customer now I think I will be switching. I bought a galaxy s20 last year and have nothing but issues. The first one I had overheated the day I got it. It wouldn't send or receive calls or text messages without having to restart the phone. But 6mths I was having to restart the phone 5-6 per day. It got to were it was dropping calls, would not connect to my car and other issues. It took me being on the phone with tech support through my carrier and it hanging up on him 20 times in ten mins to get a replacement cause Samsung wouldn't help. Not I have had the replacement a few months and it is starting to have some of the same issues. Samsung told me to take it to best buys in my area. The closest one is 45 mins away I get there and they don't work on Samsung phones... wasted trip. I called Samsung as soon as I left the store and the support guy I talked only told me I had to take it to a service center. My phone is my business I can't be without a phone but was told that is the only thing they can do. I asked to talk to a supervisor who had to call me back. He blamed most of my phone issues on the carrier. Told me to try a different texting apps for the issues I was having with my apps closing out and keyboard disappearing while typing. And reset my settings for apps randomly opening. Not my phone is slower and my keyboard is having issues responding on anything I am doing on my phone. I will I could get a refund cause the s20's . The worst product Samsung has ever made. 😑

4 Replies
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

Unfortunately the Samsung Limited warranty is a repair warranty that covers the unit for parts and labor in the event repairs are needed within the first year of ownership. All repair options must be exhausted before Samsung will consider exchange or refund possibilities. This warranty does not cover loaner devices nor does it cover physical or liquid damages. Due to this, repairs would be all we could offer at this time. You always have the option for walk-in repairs through uBreakiFix, however, they are not equipped to handle more indepth repairs where the motherboard would be involved. For this reason, Samsung also offers ship-in repairs. Your carrier may offer loaner devices, or can help with a SIM card for an older device if you have one lying around that you could use while the phone is in repairs. Additionally they may offer replacements through their insurance plan if you have one through them. I am truly sorry there were not more I could offer. Should you have further questions regarding repairs you are welcome to reach out to me here: https://bit.ly/3pE8Pkc

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

notlikingsamsung
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I can not switch out the phone for my current phone to be repaired when we did that with the last s20 I had it no longer showed warranty on the phone when it was removed from my account. My phone is how I run my business. I just want a phone that works that should not be too much to ask when paying $1000 for a phone. And I just assumed I got a bad phone out of the batch with the last one but what are the odds that I get two of the same model and they both have issues some the same some not. And there is not a ubreakifix near me and as I have already made one wasted trip 45 mins from me unless Samsung is willing to pay gas and mileage then that is an unreasonable request to ask your customers who have already spend thousands on your products. And no my carrier does not offer loaners since covid. A o here I am still no fix or answers on an expensive device that doesn't work when I need it the most. So Thank you Samsung
ELF38
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I love my note 20 and I have no issues. My sister has the S20 and she has no issues. I had apple and I'll never use a apple phone again. Samsung is 100,000x better then apple.
0 Likes
notlikingsamsung
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
That is why I switched years ago but now I have to dis agree. Samsung is more user friendly but I have had issues since after my s9 note and I absolutely loved it. And it isn't only me my husband did switch to a iPhone cause he got tired of the run around.