JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 No notification sounds

(Topic created: 09-16-2020 07:26 PM)
useryDIikaZ9Da
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Received the new S20 yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for notifications. 

I have searched every forum and searched through all the settings on both the apps and the notification settings  and everything is as it should be, but still no notification sounds.

The only unusual thing is when I go through the list of sounds no sample is played. Could it be that for some reason no files are actually attached to the ringtones?

120 Replies
Beckysuez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I just got the n20 yesterday and have spent all day on the same issue. So frustrating. Even went back in to AT&T today and they couldn't figure it out, either??
0 Likes
usermwIXelA86l
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Give this a try: go to the messages app > tap on the 3 dots on the right hand side, tap on settings > tap on notifications > tap on new messages > what do you see listed under the sound?
0 Likes
Deadeye74
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I cant hear any notifications when a yxt comes in, what gives? I've set everything and nothing works. very frustrating.
0 Likes
RAJADAT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Were you able to fix your problem?
0 Likes
RAJADAT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
See if this works!

My wife has the new Note20 and I have the S20.

Open Message App
Click on 3 dots on top right
Click on Notifications
Click on the words 'New messages'
Click on Sound (ours was showing silent)
0 Likes
Sprocketpocket
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
fyi, mine was caused by my galaxy watch. i uninstalled and reinstalled the app. problem fixed.
Shake1119
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
The notifications were working properly until this most recent update and now I can't hear any sounds from my notifications. PLEASE HELP!!!
userLScAsAp5jX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I just purchased the note 20 and I can't here text message notifications but I can here all the other notifications
0 Likes
userG50YuwkGJX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Just set a new text tone that worked for me idk why tbh 

0 Likes
user0eO3Dfb51W
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
can someone help me figure out why when im.in my car driving and playing music from my note 20 ultra 5G and I get a text the music stops playing
0 Likes