JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 No notification sounds

(Topic created: 03-06-2020 10:16 PM)
useryDIikaZ9Da
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Received the new S20 yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for notifications. 

I have searched every forum and searched through all the settings on both the apps and the notification settings  and everything is as it should be, but still no notification sounds.

The only unusual thing is when I go through the list of sounds no sample is played. Could it be that for some reason no files are actually attached to the ringtones?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
120 Replies
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

Does this issue still appear when your phone is in safe mode?

0 Likes
userFfrCVTsHg0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

In safe mode with bluetooth off, changing the volume "Notifications" setting or "Notification sound" does not make any sounds on my phone.

In safe mode with bluetooth off, if I change the volume "Media" setting and then immediately change the "Notifications" setting (before the media sounds ends) then I can hear the notification sound.

In safe mode with bluetooth on, I can hear notification sounds through a bluetooth headset.

0 Likes
wifey3819
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
so, my husband had the same issue and I literally just figured it out. went into his settings within his messages. then notifications and then click on new messages. his notications were on silent. changed them to alert and they have been working all night
0 Likes
userFfrCVTsHg0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

This issue is not resolved and should not be marked "solved".

I've tried all solutions on this thread, including multiple factory resets, and am still not able to get notification sounds.

This is not solved.

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

I would like to look into this issue further for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here? (http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi) Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • Serial number
0 Likes
userVjnA8dHaaN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Still not fixed. It has never worked on my phone

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

what notification are you not able to hear? msg? apps? emails??

are you on android 11?

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

0 Likes
userFfrCVTsHg0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I am not getting any notification sounds as far as I can tell.  But the only notifications I used to get were for text messages.  I never got email notifications (using gmail app).

But I don't even get sounds when I go directly into the "Volume" controls and slide the notifications volume slider.  I can hear notifications when using a bluetooth device, but not through the phone, even when bluetooth is completely disabled.

I'll try submitting a ticket, as you suggest.  I'm just shocked that factory reset with no sim or sd card, and safe mode doesn't fix the issue. 

0 Likes
Heather12177
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

My phone was fine until about 2 weeks ago (received it in August). All the sudden, in the middle of the day, notification sounds will stop. all settings appear to be good, but I have no sound on notifications only (ringer and media are working fine). I have to restart my phone to get notifications back, which wouldn't be an issue if I wasn't having to do this at least twice a day. 

0 Likes
JasonDB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having the same problem, notifications are working sometimes with all apps but not every time.
0 Likes