cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

force a software update?

I purchased an unlocked Galaxy S20. Been using it a few days now on Total Wireless, a Verizon mnvo. My issue is, the phone is still on One UI 2.1 software. When I go into software update, it says my phones software is currently up to date, which it obviously isn't. Is there a way to force a software update to this phone? I would really like to get on 2.5. 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

5G update for Unlocked phones

This is a direct quote from Verizon Wireless about accessing 5G on the unlocked phones with 5G capabilities. 

"All certified 5G unlocked Android phones will require a software update from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (Samsung) to become 5G Nationwide capable on Verizon." ^SST
So @samsung. When are you pushing out the update? Sooner the better. 
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: 5G update for Unlocked phones

My money is on when Android 11 is released.
Highlighted

I called Verizon and they said Samsung would.. then I talk to samsung and they say it's up to Verizon. hmmm.. you'd think that a $1400 phone would have a plan in place and someone could inform you what is happening with it's 5g. I asked OnePlus and they also turned it to Verizon as the responsible party. very frustrating when you have this money invested and can't get a direct answer.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: 5G update for Unlocked phones

yes. very frustrated.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

If the Verizon Firmware of .G986USQU1BTJ1 includes nationwide 5G then wouldn't the 11/02 update from Samsung to .G986U1QU1BTJ2 include it also? Or it doesn't work that way. between vender and Samsung updates and firmware naming
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: 5G update for Unlocked phones

I don't know. I switched to T-Mobile from Verizon a week ago and I'm on 5g no problem now.
Highlighted
Constellation

Still waiting myself - I can access the mmwave sites no problems, but no update from Samsung yet. Thinking I might join the UI3 beta to get the 5G update early
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

One ui 3.0

Is there a set date when the new android 11 update will be hitting the unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra? 
Highlighted
Constellation

Phone is NOT performing at all ever since it's update

When my phone did an update about a month ago, it had 5G, on the screen. I drops calls, my Internet is horrible, I have followed all of the normal recommendations, resets, etc and it seems to be getting worse! Verizon is of not assistance, and a hotspot???? What's that?? It totally stopped working!!?? What is going on? My Galaxy 10 works better now than my new 20+ 5g, I'm ready to throw it out the window! Verizon won't help either, they don't have any other suggestions that I haven't already research on Google Smiley Sad