cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: 5g let down

Unfortunately 5G is smoke and mirrors at the moment...
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Unlocked Galaxy S20+ 5G on Verizon

When will the subject phone receive a firmware update from Samsung with VZW nationwide 5G support?
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Unlocked Galaxy S20+ 5G on Verizon

I have an Unlocked SGS 20+ direct from Samsung as well and would like to know when Samsung will be sending the update to access Verizon's Nationwide 5G. I contacted Verizon and they said update needs to come from the phone manufacturer for unlocked devices...Please update.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Unlocked Galaxy S20+ 5G on Verizon

The update will definitely be from Samsung, but they are unlikely to answer our questions. It will probably be included with the Android 11 update in a few months.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Re: Unlocked Galaxy S20+ 5G on Verizon

I understand that everyone wants the latest and greatest, with the option to use it or not. - I have a Verizon s20+ that gets the "new and improved" Nationwide 5g and it's worse than 4g LTE!

I'm planning on calling into Verizon and asking them to turn off my 5g access. Btw, I have the Get More plan, and the Nationwide 5G and UW 5G are included. I think this Nationwide 5g is just a marketing ploy. I see no benefit in using Nationwide 5g... my 4G LTE is faster.

Edit: I just called tier 2 tech support at Verizon trying to get the 5G turned off on my Galaxy s20 plus. they are unable to turn it off from their office and we are unable to turn it off from our phones... so basically, once you get that wonderful Nationwide 5G on your phone, you are stuck with it!!! if I was contemplating getting 5G on my phone, I would wait quite a while before doing so... that is wait until you find out the 5G is performing faster than the 4G lte, not slower... 😳
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Re: Unlocked Galaxy S20+ 5G on Verizon

MONTHS...?
Highlighted
Astronaut

galaxy s20 fe not getting security updates

Beginning to regret my decision to jump over from pixel to samsung  as I'm still on Oct security  and nothing about an new one coming thought they were doing so much better with the updates are we having to wait till one ui 3.0 comes out whats going on 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: galaxy s20 fe not getting security updates

Welcome to Samsung! They have great hardware, but not really the best at updates. If updates are important then I would return the phone if possible or sell it.

Highlighted

5G Update for Unlocked phone?

So, I bought a Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, unlocked from the samsung website. I've had it on Verizon for a few months. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any 5g signals since Verizon widely released 5g capability recently. So I went to Verizon today to get a 5G capable sim card and they couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting the 5G signal with the new sim.

Then I notice my girlfriend got the same phone but from Verizon themselves and her phone is getting the 5G signal after the latest update she got that I did not receive. 

I've been reading that samsung needs to push an update for 5G capability with Verizon and then I'm also reading that Verizon needs to push the update.

THEN I'm hearing Verizon states only the device manufacturer can push that update on unlocked phones such as mine.

Is there any news on when that update may be released or if it already is and how to install it?
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: 5G Update for Unlocked phone?

Samsung needs to push the update out. Unfortunately, they have not said when it will be released. My guess is that it will be with Android 11.