Original topic:

S20 - OneUI 3 / Android 11 Mega Thread

(Topic created on: 10/6/20 8:47 AM)
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Howdy y'all, I hope you're all doing well.

If you're reading this, I think it's safe to say that your pretty darn excited for One UI 3 w/ Android 11! I'm so excited that we get to share the latest and greatest experience Samsung has to offer, together. With the One UI/Android 11 beta coming around the corner, I want to hear what excites you the most from One UI 3 and what you'd like to see. What features would you like added?

The contents of this post serve as and provide valuable information for users looking to participate in the beta. This post will be frequently updated as new information emerges.

------- ☆ -------
Beta Information

Some things to keep in mind before signing up and installing the beta:

• The main goal and purpose of the public beta is to gather feedback from users. When unexpected errors occur, please submit feedback via the One UI Beta app.
  • The beta firmware is exactly what it is, beta. This means that there may be some unexpected bugs and possibly not so good battery life.
  • Some apps might not function properly (if you rely on using banking apps, it might be wise to wait for the official update.)
  • Data loss may occur. It is recommended to backup your data. Samsung offers SmartSwitch on both Android and on PC/Mac. I'd highly recommend making a backup of your data before you install the beta.

Who's eligible for the One UI Beta?

• Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy S20 Ultra users on Sprint & T-Mobile
  • Unlocked users (U1 devices purchased directly from Samsung; Any carrier is supported on unlocked firmware.)

Current Beta versions:

• ZTKD (Public Beta 5)

Older Beta versions:

• ZTKA (Public Beta 4)
  • ZTJQ (Public Beta 3)
  • ZTJG (Public Beta 2)
  • ZTJA (Public Beta 1.5)
  • ZTJ3 (Public Beta 1)
  • ZTI7 (Developer Pre-Beta 1)

Known Issues:

1. Apps the rely on Safety Net will not be supported via Google Play Store. (Example: Google Pay, Netflix & Disney+)
-----------------------
How to register:
  1. Open the Samsung Members app
  2. Press the OneUI beta banner
  3. Press the enroll button
  4. Wait a few minutes then go to the Software update page and check for updates

Picture reference available in spoiler below:

Spoiler
Beta registrationBeta registration
-----------------------
Feedback/Suggestions/Bug ReportsSamsung MembersSamsung Members

How do I submit beta feedback, suggestions and bug reports?

• Open your app drawer and open the Samsung Members app (pictured above)
  • FOR FEEDBACK/BUG REPORTS: Press Beta feedback>Send feedback>Error reports>Select the error type/topic>Enter details and select how frequent the error occurs. Please be sure to provide as much detail as possible. When done, press the send button on the top right.
  • FOR SUGGESTIONS: Press Beta community>Press the compose button on the bottom right>Select a category>Enter a title & write your suggestion below. Be sure to add some tags under the body of your suggestion. Feel free to comment on other suggestions as well.
-----------------------
How do I un-register and leave the beta?

Sometimes beta software isn't for everyone and that's okay. It's quite easy to leave the beta and return to the official software version for your device.

*This will require a PC or Mac with a valid connection to the Internet and WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE

To unregister from the beta, follow these steps:

1. Open the Samsung Members app
  2. Press the Settings button located on the top right side of the screen
  3. Press the "One UI Beta Program status" button
  4. Press WITHDRAW at the bottom of the screen
  5. Follow the steps below to return to stock firmware.

To return to official stock firmware, follow these steps: (This will factory reset your device)

1. Download and install Samsung SmartSwitch for PC or Mac (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch/)
  2. Open SmartSwitch on your PC or Mac
  3. Using the charging cable that came with your Galaxy device, plug your device in to your PC/Mac
  4. Under your device details, you should see a downgrade button and a message that says "You can go back to a previous version of software." Click downgrade and follow the prompts.SmartSwitch software downgrade optionSmartSwitch software downgrade option
-----------------------

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
483 Replies
chittymongorian
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My lock screen no longer lets me open the phone after installing the software. Sysmet UI keeps freezing on me. What solutions do I have?

0 Likes
userychiRc2E7B
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Alright since this has been released already now I'll ask the question here that many of us want to know: When is the option to hide the camera cutout going to be restored?

0 Likes
Dwdwannabe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Received my update today. I am with att and may I say this by far was the biggest garbage update. Blue tooth is not working for anything. Devices, auto,external controllers. Does anyone know if there is a plan to fix all of this?

0 Likes
oeagleo
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question, but if not, I'm sure the powers that be will swiftly move it to a correct forum.

I updated my Factory Unlocked Samsung Galaxy+5G, connected to T-mobile the other day.  Understand, I'm in the process of determining if I want to upgrade to the S21 Ultra, or the iPHone 12 Pro Max, so I've been switching the SIM back and forth between the two phones.  I've not had any sort of problem until this latest thing.

Yesterday, I tried to use the Galaxy away from my home network, and it said that there was no internet connection.  I immediately thought that I had forgot to switch the SIM, so when I got home, I checked, and the SIM was in the Galaxy.  I switched the SIM to the iPhone, (11 Pro), and it's working fine.  Switched back to the Galaxy, and it refused to connect to the T-mobile network.  I cleared the cache via the internal recovery menu, and tried again.  Still the phone wouldn't recognize the T-mobile network.  Checking in the data connections, it shows that the access point is with T-mobile, and all of the APN data is there, and correct, however it's grayed out.

I contacted T-mobile, and they walked me through a few things, none of which were successful.  I later decided to do a full reset via the Recovery menu, and after rebooting, I still see that T-mobile is the carrier of choice, except it simply won't connect, it tries, and goes through "trying to connect" for about 5 minutes, and then says that it can't connect.  I am wondering did I kill this phone when I upgraded via the internal Samsung menu to Android 11, and OneUI 3.0?  Has anyone else seen this?  PLEASE, help me, as this little issue is really going to affect my choice as to which phone to upgrade.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
oeagleo
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

Update on the above situation.  I had an old Verizon SIM that I put in the phone, (Galaxy S20+), and it recognized it, could call the #611, and got an automated attendant.  Noticed that the Verizon label was at the top, indicating that it was on that network, as did the Access point information.  I removed the Verizon SIM, replaced it with the T-mobile SIM, nad I had T-mobile network, full, and complete connection.  I knew I would have to reenter all of the passwords, etc, so I removed the sim from the Galaxy, and put it in the iPhone, and went to bed for the evening.

This morning, I swapped the T-mobile chip from the iPhone and put it back into the Galaxy S20+, (remember, this is the Android 11/OneUI 3.0) and it wouldn't connect unless I had the WiFi turned on.  I'm beginning to think this might be a hardware problem, anyone else?  I would sure like to have other opinions on this, hopefully someone reads this thread.

0 Likes
oeagleo
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

PROBLEM SOLVED.  Thanks to another more technical in these matters than I am, I have discovered that with T-mobile, one needs to have a SIM in the phone that has the "R15" stamped on it, in red.  I got one from T-mobile, and activated it, and now all the problems are solved.  Phone seems faster too.

0 Likes
userJ6aDHsYO4h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
how is that any diff from the Ui 3 11 we have now
0 Likes
kim0208
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Hello Amazing People! I just wanted to let you know what happened when my New Galaxy S20 ultra 5G was in the middle of installing the Dec 1st security patch, it froze. I couldn't even get it to reboot in safe mode and I tried so many times my fingers were getting numb lol. After my panic attack but before my near death experience caused by my Galaxy S20 was in a Security Update induced Coma
the only time screen changed is when it just went black because the battery had died. Of course this had to happen on a Friday evening . Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, after being disconnected from support 3 different times I finally called the helpful Support Person told me the same thing that my husband had been telling me for hours that I refused to believe. My beloved S20 had no chance of survival. ZERO % chance .Then comes the news that almost broke me,.. It will take approximately 2 weeks from Monday before I could get a replacement. Thank goodness I had a spare or I never would have made it through. Now to be serious my phone was around 80% charged ,downloaded the update just fine and was pretty deep into the installation when it it froze. I had not used my phone for a good hour before I downloaded the update. I noticed it was frozen within a couple minutes and when I picked my phone up it was really hot not warm but hot. The update had burnt up my bootloader is what I was told by Samsung, well they didn't actually say it was from the update surprisingly,but my phone never had any issues with freezing up or being just a little warm. Just thought Samsung could use a little FYI. Thanks
0 Likes
ST85
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Now that the official UI 3 w/android 11 is out, will we get it rolled out to the beta version?
jecgypsyRN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@Rydah 

Hi, I participated in the beta program but had to withdraw due to major failure and crashes in my S20 5G (t-mobile). I withdrew from the beta program as your instructions stated. I downloaded the latest version Smart Switch for PC (microsoft surface pro windows 10 on arm). Everytime I open Smart Switch it tries to update itself. It goes all the way through the update process and gets to 100% then I get an error message stating "A newer version is already installed. In order to install this update please uninstall the newer version. I've also tried installing an older version of smart switch. It doesnt give me the option to downgrade the firmware to the previous version. And it won't allow me to update to the latest firmware without updating smart switch. My phone will not perform an OTA software update. When I try, it says my spoftware is up to date. So I'm stuck with the beta version build G981USQU1ZTKE.

Can someone please help me resolve this. I chatted with a samsung "expert" who's suggestion was to perform a factory reset.

0 Likes