cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S20+ PURCHASRD UNLPCKED...BUT

ON 3/11/2020 I purchased my (suppsed to be) unlocked S20+ 5G from Samsung USA online store. I paid in full at the checkout (no paymets) so I get unlocked.

When I got the phone I see Tmobile logo. Still, thinking it"s just a logo, right? Wrong! I inserted non tmobile SIM and it would not work. Remember, I am deplpyed ovetseas now, which means retuning it is a hassle. Called Samsung CS, they made it was my fault and treated me like if I never paid for the phone in full already. So, they did not help at all, nor tried to.

So, I call T mobile, their hours are limited due to COVID19. So, I am on hold for 45 minutes ( remember, I am overseas and I need my phone unlocked, tmobile sim doest work here, so I can talk to my kids and wife and see if they are okay w/ all this COVID19). After that wait, they finally pick up the phone. I am a t mobile customer and have a line too (but it is frozen due to deploymet), so they verified my info. And told me that it will take 7 days to unlock it. I asked why is locked, when I paid in full already. No answer was given. My phone still unlocked!

Be aware at ckeck out at Samsung online; even if you purchase unlocked phone. It will ask for carrier. E.g. verizon, att, tmobile or sprint. DO NOT CLICK ON ANY. Just ignore it. Otherwise it will reconfigure it as locked phone. Nevermind, I clicked on UNLOCKED PHONES menu! This is so tricky and unethical, especially, when I paid in full to have unlocked phone. NOT TO GET LOCKED PHONE! If I wanted locked phone, I would have purchased it from Tmobile site! Unethical, not as advertized, shady, bad business approach! Never shopping from Samsung online again. I spent a lot of money to get unlocked phpne, yet they sent me locked phone. And never apologized!

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S20+ PURCHASRD UNLPCKED...BUT

Hi @MRSTWENTYPLUS 

I'm very sorry you're having some issues with your device. Thank you for your service BTW! When you got the phone, did you put your T-Mobile SIM card in it for any reason? This shouldn't have locked the phone, but just a guess. I don't know how T-Mobile stuff works.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20+ PURCHASRD UNLPCKED...BUT

Hello @MRSTWENTYPLUS 

I am sorry you are running into this issue and thank you for choosing Samsung. Unfortunately if you selected a carrier it will send you a unlocked device labeled U. Which it will be locked on a specific carriers. If the device has a model number of U1 this will unlocked to any carrier. I am sorry about the trouble you are going through but waiting for T-Mobile I think will be the only solution.

I hope my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a like. I hope you havea  great day!

Thank You,

Tommy