cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

[S20] Phone call sensor flickering

To Whom It May Concern,

I received my preordered galaxy S20 4G model in 11th March.

Just now I found an issue on the screen while I was having a phone call (except phone call everything is fine).

When I was on calls the screen sensor (which helps to turn off the screen during the phone call.  it is located right beneath of the reception status sign) flickering with high frequency and grey circle.

I was very satisfied with my phone until I found the issue.

Can anyone help me with the issue? (If it is a software/setting issue)

P.S. I have tried "developer option >  show taps" from EE's advice but it didn't work.

Kind regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: [S20] Phone call sensor flickering

I have just had this and was wondering what on earth was going on. I was about to take it into the local Samsung store and thought I'd Google it. Turns out the S10's have the same thing. So with the top bezels getting smaller they had to move the proximity sensor under the screen. I didn't think it was that but I tried it and moved my finger over the top of the flashing pixel and the phone goes black (like it thinks its next to your ear). A bit annoying but least it's nothing major.

Hope this puts your mind at ease with it being a £1000 smart phone I can guess your initial reaction was the same as mine! 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/Pixel-flickering/td-p/796725 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thanks for that insight. I have tried and tested your theory at it works as intended.

Thanks for taking the heavyweight off my chest. Cheers !

Asteroid

My note 10 + does the same thing. Its not an issue