Original topic:

S20 Plus 5G Verizon no notification sounds

(Topic created: 11-07-2021 01:38 PM)
Timpanogos Slim
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Pretty sure i posted about this issue on the 5th and cannot find the thread. 

For several weeks, notifications on my S20 are silent. 

I have checked all the volume and alert settings and they are good. 

I have cleared the cache and booted in safe mode and the issue persists. 

All apps are up to date and i am on the october system update. 

Additionally, the phone is silent in the settings -> phones and vibration -> notification sounds screen. No sounds are made when selecting a notification. 

When i reboot the phone, the default notification sound is heard once. 

Curiously, in the settings -> volume screen,  if i adjust the Media or Ringtone volume and then adjust the notification volume while the phone is playing the sounds triggered by ajdusting those volume levels, it does make the notification sound. But only when interrupting other sounds. 

9 Replies
iamblue
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20

have you tried it in safe mode? 

submit an error report if you think it's a software issue

Samsung Members app > + Button > Error report

0 Likes
Timpanogos Slim
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I said in my post that i tried it in safe mode. 

Also, if i have an external audio device connected through usb-c or bluetooth, i can hear the notifications through that. 

I'm 100% certain it's a software issue. 

0 Likes
MrRoBoTcHiCkEn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Go to Play Store then go to settings make sure that you have your notifications on correctly don't leave yet hold up now you got to go to do not disturb to make sure that is setup correctly if you do not have Do Not Disturb in your notification set up correctly in Play Store you're going to get that air every single time I give it sometimes after a software update or security update it's a really weird bug I've been complaining about it for about a year just one of those things
0 Likes
Timpanogos Slim
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Yeah DND is not enabled. Everything is set correctly. 

0 Likes
MrRoBoTcHiCkEn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Before you do safe mode I would delete the app and then reinstall it again and try that before
0 Likes
Timpanogos Slim
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Which app are you referring to? I have no audible notification sounds in any app, not even in the settings app when selecting the default notification sound. 

Timpanogos Slim
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Installed "Update 22" this morning. No change. Still no audible notifications unless they are interrupting some other audio or an external audio device is connected. 

0 Likes
user3YoDzYk9ry
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My s21+ had the same problem.  I'm guessing a recent update **bleep** something up but here's how I fixed mine.  Hope it helps.

Settings-sounds and vibration-volume.

Somehow my notifications volume was turned off even though I hadn't touched it.

0 Likes
Timpanogos Slim
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Yeah that isn't the issue here. In fact, when adjusting the notification volume the notification sound cannot be heard unless i do it while some other sounds are playing. 

0 Likes