Original topic:

S20+ SM-986U Unlocked One UI 3

(Topic created on: 12/8/20 3:50 AM)
johnnyhomecoming
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Hey I have an unlocked Galaxy S20+, model SM-986U. Been checking for updates manually for almost a week and no Android 11/OneUI 3 update has flowed OTA. Has anyone else with this model received the update? It's frustrating as the locked T-Mobile version has already received it, and I use that service. 
8 Replies
Jeffc73OC
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
I have Tmobile also with and unlocked S20ULTRA. no update for me either. I think maybe Samsung will push out the update to the unlock after the carriers update their phones because they have to use the carriers networks to get it to our devices and the carrier updates are taking up the bandwidth right now being updated that's my guess I'm why we haven't received it yet because the carriers don't push out the update to unlocked it's Samsung but they need the carrier networks to get it to us and they will be busy right now sending their own updates. that's my theory at least but hopefully soon at least before Christmas? merry Christmas to us right?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the regular S20 5G unlocked and I still don't have the new update:upside_down_face: it's like what's the point of getting the unlocked models if we're the last ones to receive any updates. I sure wish we get it before Christmas tho!
JeffS1911
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Nothing on my unlocked s20+ with Verizon, so far. I had an unlocked pixel 2 and iPhone xs before the Samsung, there were definitely no delays with them. My unlocked phones got the updates as soon as everyone else if not before.
0 Likes
singod
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
December 11 guys its supposed to be ota
Jeffc73OC
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
let's hope so. Samsung won't tell us when even if it's the next day they roll it out. like you know they know the date they will roll out the updates. they just like to make us mad and not answer our questions. which would defeat the purpose of this app
0 Likes
singod
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
well its Dec 11 and nothing of official yet still waiting guys
johnnyhomecoming
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
same here.
0 Likes
primortal
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Verizon Wireless is giving me the run around as well. There locked phones got the update on 12/2 but not the unlocked ones and pointing fingers @samsung.