Original topic:

S20 SMS not alerting

(Topic created: 08-12-2021 12:21 AM)
Trilergy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi

This is not a new issue after a number of samsung phones. 

To be clear this is my issue....

I get notifications on new messages but NOT on further messages in a thread...whatever that means. 

As an example if I get a new message it alerts. If I respond to that message, and then the person responds back, I dont get an alert. 

It appears this is the case until after some unknown time period when it alerts again.  

I have spoken to Samsung a few years back and they said there was no solution but I wondered if that had changed?

Unlike the apparent test crew that live looking at their phone (sarcasm)... I don't. I put my phone down and continue working only to miss the responses that someone may send.

Not sure what the time algorithm is?

If others are having the alert issue this may be what you are referring to. Ive done everything suggested that I can find but most only address the overall alert issue and no other solution to this specific point.

Would love some advice if someone knows how to fix this if I'm missing something. 

At least there should be an option to turn it on or off. 

Thanks

6 Replies
Je655
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
I've never had this problem but just curious if you have tried another messages app like the messages app by google?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging
0 Likes
Sherree
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Me too
0 Likes
Smew
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20

Are you using Samsung or Google's Messaging app? 

0 Likes
Trilergy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I am using the standard Samsung app. I want to continue with that. I am only looking for a solution to this particular issue. Thanks

0 Likes
Smew
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20

What carrier are you using? 

Try setting an error report through the Samsung Members app. 

Trying google messages will just confirm that it's a software issue with Samsung Messages app

Does SMS or MMS too? 

0 Likes
Trilergy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Telstra (Australia). Not sure if MMS and SMS. I had not noticed that. Don't get many MMS.

0 Likes