Original topic:

S20+ Snapdragon Abnormally High Battery Drain & Random Heating

(Topic created on: 1/27/21 9:45 PM)
mandilint85
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi everyone

Got the device more than a month ago. Did factory reset twice and last time, started from scratch and didn't use smart switch to recover. Been using with most features turned off and many apps set to 60hz using dynamic display app. Almost all kinds of optimisations and settings tapped in. But been getting a horrendous 4-4.5h SOT from 95-15%. And the phone heats randomly to 32-37° just by simple tasks. Specially Netflix and Vanced(Any video playback maybe) makes the phone heat and drain battery super fast. Netflix with downloaded videos, 30% brightness, 60hz, app in deep sleep with background data off.....drains around 16-18% per hour! Tried everything but 0 solution. Followed most tips from reddit but still no luck. Overall battery drain js pretty high too. And just 10 mins of Pubg and it gets 43-45°C whereas almost every other phone I used barely got warm even after long sessions. If it was an exynos variant I wouldn't have complained. But man it took a month of searching to get this one and the amount of heating and battery drain I'm getting is frustrating(Much more apparent on one ui 3.0). Also there's a lot of micro lags, stutters, skipped frames since 3.0 (Was non existent basically on 2.5, extremely fast and smooth). Any help would be appreciated. Specilaly for the Netflix App and Vanced as I can't live without these two.

2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Are you using cellular data or wifi? because I also have the s20 + and sometimes it heats after while when I use cell data, when I'm on wifi no problem.
0 Likes
jrock44
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

有一份
0 Likes