Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S20 Speakers sound quality

Hello,

I have the S20 5G (EU version).
I feel that the stereo isn't well balanced as on my previous S10 (louder on the speaker next to the charging port).
Plus, the speakers are kinda 'locked' on hight pitched frequencies.

There is almost no bass, and I can feel it just in my hand because there is no vibration at all when my S10 was litterally shaking in my hand when playing bassy music.
I listened to some music using the new Buds+ (and also previous Buds), and felt that as well, sound was less bassy than my Buds on S10. So it might be a software issue more than a hardware issue, but still a big issue for music consumers like me :/

Hight pitched are too hight, basses too low, and medium too pitched..

Overall, I'm ok with this S20, mostly because of the 120hz display and the 240hz touch screen.
But the speaker part is a big NO.
Really disapointed for purchasing a 1000€ phone, and having such a downgrade that even the S9 has a better audio.

I am planning to return the phone in order to get a new one, and see if there's any difference (I really hope that it's just my phone, and that not all S20 sound the same, that would be a shame).

I'll keep you updated about the next S20.

Tell me if you face the same issue, and what's your point of view in the comments.

Thanks for reading !

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 Speakers sound quality

I'm on the regular S20. Compared it with the S10. The speaker sound quality is significantly worse of the S20. Like it said. Lacks any mid range and bass. At loud volume it hurts my ears. I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue but I hope it can be fixed. Really disappointing for a $1000 phone.

Constellation

Re: S20 Speakers sound quality

I was playing with the EQ and found Jazz to be somewhat acceptable. I further adjusted the EQ to my liking and found that the 63 and 125 bands do absolutely nothing to change the sound. Is this an issue with anyone else?