JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 - System UI has stopped working

(Topic created on: 8/27/20 2:54 PM)
uservBn8Zz9yUM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I recently did a software update on my phone. 
Ever since then, my phone has become extremely slow and will also get system UI error messages. 

The only thing that I have downloaded was a recent Android update 2 days ago (08/25)

I've done some basic troubleshooting such as:
-Restarted my phone 
-Cleared my cache (2.8gb last time I did it)
-Cleared SystemUI cache
-Forced Stop SystemUI

I have deleted apps that I have not used it ages, just to see if there were some sort of weird permissions that were affecting my phone. It's been like this for 2 days and is getting annoying.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

If you have made sure everything is up to date and the cache partition wipe was not helpful I would recommend having your device evaluated by a certified technician. Depending on your location you may have multiple options for this. You may be able to visit a local uBreakiFix location or you can always private message a moderator to have your device sent into the Samsung service center.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
17 Replies
usermlGWDRfRqr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having exactly the same problem after the same update. I've tried everything short of a factory reset. 

Members_imJgsJT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I've had the same issue since that update. Tried absolutely everything. Still no progress. I've even went ahead and done a factory reset, lost all my info just for it to do it again. Been watching for maybe a new update cuz this one is for sure the problem. Brand new phone and it's glitching this bad. 

userAtPdPJdnWG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
same here...if I'd seen these issues BEFORE picking up this mew samsung galaxy s20+ id have skipped this and gotten something more reliable...this is rediculous...I should have known. Samsung tablets are seldom ever updated Ike they should be...
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Does this issue still appear when your phone is in safe mode?

0 Likes
userAtPdPJdnWG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
haven't tried
0 Likes
user1Lv4GushuQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Having the same problem since the update.  Can anyone help me fix it.  This phone is less than 6 months old and should not be having these problems 

jbgibson
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
mine has been going on since nov/dec 2020 on my S10. was told an issue with phone, too old, outdated to upgrade. upgraded 3 weeks ago. SAME ISSUE today on S20fe!

tech support is NOW claiming might be corrupt file on phone, that needs system reboot and MANUALLY REINSTALL EVERY APP AND FILE!!!

want to exchange phone under warranty, I WILL NOT DO THAT!!! i will NOT trade in a NEW 3 week old phone to get a 1 yr old used, refurbished phone!

PLEASE HELP!!!
0 Likes
Mikekrypton
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
samsung never has a solution to this. happened with my Note 10 plus , now...my Note 20 ultra.
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

does it stop randomly?
try submitting a ticket through samsung members app.

download samsung members app, click get help on bottom mid, scroll down for 'error report'

0 Likes