Original topic:

S20 ULTRA not receiving texts

(Topic created on: 3/25/21 7:14 AM)
Bono_87
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I originally purchased my phone directly from Samsung, locked to Tmobile. 6 months ago I switched to ATT, it was a very hard process apparently because I didn't "buy it through T Mobile". Anyways, I am still receiving updates via TMobile and have all the tmobile apps/splash screen. 

As of Saturday night I am no longer receiving text messages on my S20 Ultra. I can make phone calls, surf the web, and send texts with it though. With the same SIM I can receive texts on my S9+ and my S21. 

I have been on the phone with both ATT and Samsung and all it is, is hours of troubleshooting and pointing the finger at each other. I just want my S20 Ultra working again and am completely lost on how to even get it working, it's too expensive to be a paperweight. 

Any help is appreciated.

Troubleshooting performed:

-reset network settings

-various APN used 

-factory reset phone

-updated/disabled many apps and services under the direction of both Samsung and ATT

-tried different messaging apps

-cleared cache of messaging apps/sim card saved texts 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Shayshon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi there, you should probably try to contact att and/or tmobile to see if they can help.

Cheers,
Shayshon
0 Likes
Bono_87
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I appreciate the response, but I have already been on the phone with AT&T for hours and they say its a Samsung issue. Samsung says it's  provider issue. Stuck here in the middle unfortunately so that is why I resorted to this forum. 

0 Likes
Shayshon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

Hm, what about T-Mobile, have you tried calling them yet?

Cheers,
Shayshon
0 Likes