JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra 5G (Camera Failed Warning)

(Topic created: 08-16-2020 01:56 PM)
TDAWG28
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have been getting a Warning Camera Failed notification every time I open my camera for 3 weeks now. I've done everything on the checklist including a factory reset and it still isn't working.  I've only had this phone since May 2020. I got this phone specifically for the Camera and I don't even get to enjoy that aspect. Please tell me I'm not the only one having this issue. Or if anyone as any alternative ideas? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userz9pGywyk27
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having the same issue. Like others I also purchased my phone in May. The issue has been an ongoing problem for atleast the last 3 weeks, maybe a little longer now.

I have tried resetting the camera settings and it didn't work. I also tried doing a full factory reset. That didn't work either. What else can I do?

0 Likes
Samsung_N9OpLRZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, dont hesitate and do all these settings procedure,  ill give you the solution.

Its easy.

Uninstall whatsapp application off your phone.

Then try your camera.

You can always reinstall whatsapp again.

BigPapa50
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

This says the issue with the Camera is solved.  That is not true.  I'm still having an issue with the camera on my phone that I purchased in May and it looks like many other members are having the same issue.  Can you please tell me how to get Samsung to issue a new phone because it's still under warranty?  I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps, I've even factory reset the phone, and I've taken it to a Ubreakifix location and nothing has helped.  At this point I need Samsung to step up and stand behind their Warranty and replace the darn phone.

Revahs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
they won't... perhaps we should all just look into filing a class action suit ?? idk what else to do at this point.
userGfgbgX97cL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I also kept getting a warning whenever I opened the camera saying "Warning camera failed." I was able to resolve it by first resetting app settings (settings, general management, reset, reset settings).  After my phone turned back on, I restarted my phone in safe mode (opened the power off menu, tap and hold the power off icon on the screen until the option for safe mode appears, then click on safe mode)  once the phone restarts in safe mode i was able to open the camera app.  Hope this works out for other people as well.  Good luck.  

0 Likes
bklynborn23
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
shouldn't have to put phone my in safe mode just to use a feature that's supposed to be a staple of this product.
0 Likes
user0ejktrfQsC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

So the camera only works in safe mode?

0 Likes
userfWKHwp0ORP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have tried all of this and it won't work.

0 Likes
user0ejktrfQsC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

As of December 24th 2020 my camera started failing. It would only fail every so often before that nothing major but has progressed to not working at all.  Yesterday the 28th It wouldn't work at all amenities today  

1. I have cleared cache

2. Forced stopped 

3. Clear data

4.Rebooted to cleared the partitions

5. Repaired apps 

As I see this is an on going problem is samsung going to replace this phone as it's the holidays to begin with and I can't take pictures. And secondly if it's manufactured error am I still having to pay a 200 dollar replacement fee on something I have no control over. 

BigPapa50
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have been having this very same issue with my S20 Ultra 5G and also bought it in May.  I took it to a UBREAKIFIX location and they said the camera was just unplugged so they fixed it and it worked for about 3 weeks, but now I'm having the issue all over again.  Calling Samsung support was useless as they refused to issue a new phone under the Warrenty.  They want me to ship the phone to a Samsung repair center which takes a week.  I cannot be without a phone for a week.  I've performed all the initial steps myself to resolve the issue from stopping the app and clearing the app cache, to clearing the Phone cache, to performing a Factory reset.  Nothing works.  And Samsung refuses to replace the phone under the Warranty.  I was a HUGE Samsung Loyalist every since the Note 5, but this latest batch of phones (because we bought 4 of them and they all have had issues.  Even had to replace 1 three days after we bought it) has been absolute junk.