Original topic:

S20 Ultra 5G USB-C

(Topic created: 08-23-2021 05:59 PM)
user9lbvwWAWMf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I pre-ordered my phone and recieved it in May of 2019. I have had good luck with all the issues that people have had with this phone. Until recently. Currently, my USB c port doesn't connect to headphones provided by Samsung. It won't charge using the fast charger or Super fast chargers. It will charge wirelessly sometimes while it's on and it won't other times unless it is off. My vibration doesn't work at all anymore. All of these issues didn't start until after the June update. I have tried a soft reset, a hard reset, cleaning the port, charging with cable while phone is off and in safe mode, cleared the cache partition, factory reset my phone. I had the ports switched out multiple times with OEM parts and the flex cable replaced by a WISE certified repair shop. At this point, I don't know what more I can do. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 
0 Likes
10 Replies
poky3210
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
I would bring it to someone who could put it back to where it was before the update if that can be done
0 Likes
user9lbvwWAWMf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Someone on another post tried this with no luck. They ended up having to pay a deposit with their Samsung care+ and recieved a refurbished phone. They said the refurbished phone is working normally.
Jolebo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having the same exact problem
0 Likes
user9lbvwWAWMf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Note: Samsung wanted me to pay to "fix" the issue even though I have replaced the hardware in question. Also, they wanted me to recreate every solution and send them an error report after each one. I don't have the time to do that, and factory resetting my phone was a major inconvenience to deal with the first time. Update me if you too try everything with no fix.
Jolebo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I was actually gonna pay to get the charging port replaced but I guess I'll wait. I've tried everything as well. Sometimes it will actually charge but it only does cable charging and not fast charging.
0 Likes
user9lbvwWAWMf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Some people were having luck cleaning the port out, even though I did not.
0 Likes
user9lbvwWAWMf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Update: I didn't put this in the original post, but I tried multiple cable/block combinations as well. The only one that was working at like .5 amps was an older USB to USB-C. Also, it does not connect to Android Auto or a computer. Neither recognize s the device.
0 Likes
poky3210
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
I would do the same thing that guy did pay for Samsung + and get a replacement one
user9lbvwWAWMf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Unfortunately, I am outside the window that Samsung allows for the Samsung Care+ to be purchased and warranty is only for a year. This is why I went to a WISE certified repair shop in hopes that it was faulty hardware. I would also recommend this solution, a lot less work involved.
0 Likes