Original topic:

S20 Ultra 5G looses Internet connection on WiFi

(Topic created on: 1/26/21 8:22 AM)
userY8A4xQKI76
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Few month after I bought the phone it started loosing the Internet connection when on WiFi (conneted no internet). After digging through this formum I found a temp solution - disabling 'location service' (gps) when at home but it is quite annoying as many apps will ask you to reenable it. Contacted Samsung support, followed all their suggestions (network reset, factory reset, switch to safe mode) - nothing solves the issue. Send the phone to repair (also suggested by support) and now the best part: repair service cannot reproduce this issue. They say they run a duration test and no WiFi problems were found. That suggest that it is more an environment, special conditions issue, specific usage case. Want to find a root casue but I am out of ideas at the moment. Can someone from Samsung community suggests some tools / apps that could help to track this bug at home? Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
As they say, probably a special conditions issue--likely your wifi signal. Too many people take their home wifi for granted, whereas it should be given greater importance.
№ 1 problem is weak or misdirected router signals. Consider upgrading to wifi 6 protocol, mesh-type, gigabit router with professional installation)if you lack such skills.
userY8A4xQKI76
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello, Thanks for your answer

At the begining I also suspected the wifi signal quality but:
- checked already with 2 different routers
- all the other devices at my home work without any issues
- disabling gps should have no impact in that case (I guess)
- tried with unused WiFi channes (to limit neighbours network interaction) - still the same

What I need at the moment (as I think I wont get any more suport from Samsung customer service) is a way to get some useful logs / info out of my phone. Maybe some service people could give some tips here.