Original topic:

S20 Ultra 5g Warning Camera Failed

(Topic created on: 3/4/21 2:11 PM)
userXakNtYmQuc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I purchased this phone 10 months ago. I have loved this phone until about 3 weeks ago when I started getting the error "Warning - Camera Failed." Then the camera shuts down. As many people know this is a very widely known issue. Here are the steps I've taken to try and have this fixed. 

Spoke with Verizon, they wanted to replace my phone with a refurbished phone. No, not paying 1500 dollars for a refurbished phone.

Transfered to Samsung, they tell me to take my phone to uBreakiFix Samsung Certified Repair Center. OK, this might work. Took it this morning. They told me it would take 2 hours to fix. Not a problem. I get back after the 2 hours and was told they just started it, and it would be another 2 hours. This time I waited. I get my back, and everything is working. They replaced the Camera in the phone. By the time I got home I started receiving the error again. 

Called Samsung back because they told me yesterday if the repair center couldn't fix the issue I would be sent a new phone. Now I'm being told I can do a insurance claim, or I can send the phone in and be without a phone for who knows how long. 

This is not how you do business..... I have had MANY of their products, and have stayed loyal through a lot of things. This may be the straw that breaks it, and forces me to leave the Samsung community. 

Anyone else have a story like this? They know this is a problem, they need to make it right.

7 Replies
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

if you are with verizon, you can get warranty replacement with verizon. they will send you a new device first (2-3 days) then you have a week to return your old one.

0 Likes
userXakNtYmQuc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I tried to go through Verizon, and all they wanted to do was send me a refurbished device. Sorry I didn't pay 1500 for a used phone, and would not take one as a replacement. I don't want someone else's problem. 

userl6L2Ih8lv0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Tried all of the rexommended fixes plus taking to a local service center (ubreakifix) who replaced the camera. Ended up having to ship back to Samsung. If it's less than a year old, get them to honor warranty coverage to repair/replace...and make them give you expedited shipping. I sent mine Monday and had it back Thursday. Still scks to be without a phone, but they need to make it right! Good luck!

userXakNtYmQuc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Unfortunately I have 2 kids, and can't be without a phone. 

userYjUxfxvGku
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I've been having the same issue.  They want me to send my phone in. I'm talking with other owners about a class action lawsuit. Let's make this go viral.

Mees
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
samsung told me the same it's my rear flash not working and even had the phone fixed at the repair shop and they couldn't figure out the issue
0 Likes
user1lEvfhyBBX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Been in the same boat for weeks now!  It's absolutely amazing how terrible this software issue is, thinking about dropping all my Samsung products, this is a major inconvenience 

0 Likes