cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

S20 Ultra Absolutley No Microphone audio, only crackle

I take my phone in the shower all the time, and when I get out it is muffled, I fix this by drying it with a hairdryer, so last night I did that, and it cleared the muffle. But, I have literally no audio from the mic, none, just a crackle kind of thing that is moderately loud. What is wrong with my phone, please help.

2 REPLIES 2
Supernova

Re: S20 Ultra Absolutley No Microphone audio, only crackle

Its exactly as predicted. Electronics and Water dont mix. Neither does Heat for that matter. That's why designers spend a ton of money on R&D trying to waterproof and heat control devices. Water build ups cause connection issues among other things as 1 drop of water on a motherboard can make electricity travel through connections that were never meant to touch and thus ruin the device. You wouldn't take your tv into the shower or a Playstation or your toaster, so its seems reasonable that you shouldn't take your phone either. As far as the hairdryer goes, introducing compressed heated air has various bad effects on phones and other devices. From Heat shield for the battery to The display liquids behind, to just the molding of the phone itself. All have been built and formed to withstand certain amounts but are not bulletproof. The injection molding process used to make the casing is formed and specially heated to harden it just like a kiln process when working with metals or pottery to make a blade. Reintroducing large amounts of heat weakens that because you are refiring the piece. Also, behind the battery there is a heat shield which is a substance used almost like an inner cooler would be used to keep your engine cool. Heating up that is bad for the device also. There are also various other rubber fittings and what not strategically made to keep your phones internals from dust and debris and the constant heat and moisture removal from them will cause dry rotting to start. The repeated exposure to moisture along with constant amount of heat drying, though being a quick short term solution, was a very bad solution. Not to be mean but the treatment of your device and lack of respect for it is most likely the cause of its Malfunction. Everything has its place . Even a Phone
Galaxy

Re: S20 Ultra Absolutley No Microphone audio, only crackle

It's really designed to take an occasional splash, not frequent showers. Much like the post above, it's not really meant to take a ton of water And heat all the time.