cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 Ultra - Camera Issues - Not solved

By now most S20 owners have noticed the camera issues which came with the flagship ( more of a little dobbering boat in the middle of the ocean) However I am not here to act on my emotions in a terrible way, for now.

Even some mobile photographers like myself have noticed the total disappointment in the S20's Camera, which was claimed by Samsung to be the best, and some other incredible lingo to describe it.

The opposite is actually true, it's the worst so far in the S-Series. Some even report issues that are either unfixable or you have to wait a long - long time, to be fixed. 

I've taken photos to compare with my S8+. Obviously some seconds apart, I was looking for some or other reason if I was doing something wrong or was it really the camera? Maybe the S20's camera is so advanced I needed to google how to use it! 

The recent little update (to keep it's customers mouths shut for a few days)  seemed to address a little kind of (normal?) focus problem. However it seems Samsung still wants it's flagship's camera to be A.I and just do about everything - mix all its edit modes together? It feels that way. Otherwise it's obvious, it's a total flaw. Close-ups are totally impossible. The shutter is pressed, and a few seconds later it takes the photo which makes quick shots impossible. 

I would urge users - or future users that want to buy it or upgrade via their carrier - not to - for now - to see what Samsung is going to do about it. 

Overall I love the phone, yes, it's heavy, my wrists feel it. I got used to that. What I cannot get used to, is the camera. It's been a few months, and Samsung is keeping us in the dark, of which is obvious the device seems to be one major design flaw - which includes the camera panel in the back. I do wish I waited and wasn't that eager to upgrade to it. 

Now I hate it. 

Very sad to say, I will search for alternatives, and I am sure I will find another brand phone that will meet my requirements. But now I am going back to the S8+, my oldie, which takes much better photos, which is my main reason for using a mobile phone. You know, to do nearly everything with one go. 

But for now, Samsung has lost me as a customer. Only one person like myself won't hurt their market, one sale of a few thousand dollars won't hurt them. I am just sad that it's a lot of money wasted. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: S20 Ultra - Camera Issues - Not solved

I'm gonna be honest. After the May update its worked a lot better for me

Highlighted
Asteroid

The update did fix the main focus problem a bit, I do agree, however my feeling still stays the same, it's not good enough. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

The quality of the pictures went down though.when you use your phone for photography and all your pictures get rejected for the same reason. There's something wrong! Screenshot_20200530-100650_Contributor.jpg

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Have you tried force closing and clearing the app data from the camera after the update?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, the phone was actually reset to factory defaults.