cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 Ultra Choppy Video - All users, not only me

Same thing here!!!  I can't believe this.  I spent hours trying to find a way to get this to work.  720p is missing frame too!

I also watch tons of Youtube samples and they are all the same.  It's another Note7-like product. 

<edit>  It's going no where with Samsung support and ATT on my end.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Hi, I am in Canada, not sure we can do that in different country, but I am open to the idea if we can go ahead with this. 

I have paid the phone in full, no contract, so I am still trying to resell it, but so far no one is buying it.  

The last time I pre-order something and also the last time it's a Samsung product.  Have you tried the wireless earbuds+ that comes with it?  You walk and you can ear yourself walking or running because of those rubbers around the earphones.  What is that??? If you don't move it's fine, but If I don't move, I have speakers.. 

The real problem with this phone is the camera.  Nothing works as it should.  Stabilization, auto-focus, steady frames(FPS), 8K videos gives me vertical lines and all video are noisy.  In fact, I cannot use any of my videos to record my kids as in couple of years when they see that, it will be choppy videos and I don't want these moments to be choppy, these are the best moments in life and Samsung is just releasing a product that has not been tested <edit>

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: S20 Ultra Choppy Video - All users, not only me

they got permission to everything wait till they start graying your videos out
Highlighted
Constellation

S20 Ultra : Video recording stuttering no matter the resolution (even 720p)

Hi,

I just moved from Apple and got the new S20 Ultra and every film I've been recording have stuttering.  No matter the resolution I set, it stutter.  There is not a single of them that is not dropping frames.  I am in the U.S. and with the Snadraggon 865 chip.

It came to my attention that others on Youtube/Reddit have the same issue, but not just with the S20 Ultra, but all Samsung phones (Galaxy and Note).  At work we moved from BlackBerry to Samsung S10+ (because of Knox), so I was able to test on this work phone and it does the same exact thing. 

Is this normal that all the shooting on Samsung video are skipping frames like that?

I had buttery smooth video with my iPhone X.  I am not too impress so far. 

Here is what I've tried :

- Recorded to the internal memory or SD card (same results)

- Wiped the cache partition (same result)

- Clear the camera cache (same result)

- Reset the phone (wiped everything twice and same result)

- Ensured that I am on the lastest firmware (May 5th version)

- Bought Filmic Pro to see if it's the camera app (same problem and really noisy)

- Adjusted in pro Video the shutter speed to match the angle (1/60th for 30fps and 1/120th for 60fps) and same problem.

- Put the display of the phone at the lowest quality, enabled high performance mode, disabled image stabilization, disabled HDR, disabled auto-focus (even at 720p, same problem).

What are my option other than returning the phone?  Because from what I am seeing it's been ongoing for more than this generation.  I switched to this phone thinking about trying 8K 24fps as I bought a 8K TV and the fact that not even 720p is giving me constant frame rate, it's kind of a bummer.  Not even that, the auto-focus has not been working properly as well.  And where is the 24fps for movie at 4K? Why can't I choose the framerate I want to record like on the iPhone?  Sorry, but it's an expensive phone and I am wondering if Samsung will exchange phones or get this fixed via a firmware update.  Otherwise, I am heading back for an exchange myself.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Video Saved by 3rd party app

I have loves my S20 ultra with the exception of the camera. Samsung's software holds what should be it's best feature back. Most notably the video quality is Waaaaayy overprocessed and saturated. Luckily, Filmic Pro to the rescue. Video is much higher quality (higher bit rate recording), colors are natural and my dogs fur doesn't look like a painted mess. Step up your game Samsung, not your prices.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Video Saved by 3rd party app

Filmic Pro doesn't work at all with the S20 Ultra.  Not too sure what you are talking about.  You can't focus, you can't choose your lens, you can't record at 60FPS.  The videos are noisy and Samsung has not provided a good API driver for them to use, it's warned on their website to not buy their own application as tons of features are not supported.  I don't invent that and I would imagine they would like to sell you their pricy app don't get me wrong.

No matter what, we need Samsung to provide a refund and an imminent fix.  Mine is on sale on Marketplace and it's at a loss right now and no one is buying it.  

Highlighted
Constellation

There may be something wrong with your video frame rate. If your video is recording in varible frame rate, it could be choppy. For that, you can change the varible frame rate to constent frame rate with video converters like Handbrake, WinX Video Converter etc. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

If Samsung would allow you choose the frame rate in the first place, that would be a first step.  In this case, this is frake skipping.  You can't recover frames that are not recorded, not even with Handbrake. 

If we have to use Handbrake to re-adjust framerates, we have a serious problem here.  The problem has been going on since the S8.  I had the S9 too, same thing. It's not a new issue.  By buying the top of the line and most expensive phone in the world and with the selling point of best camera ever(according to Samsung), I tought this would have been fixed and a think of the past.  Not the case.

Auto Focus is not working.  Videos are skipping frames.  This was just a mistake to pre-order before seeing reviews.  Never ever I'll do this again.

Highlighted
Astronaut

i use video for in car racing video capture with Harry's Lap Timer. it was great in s8. with S9 i get completly jumpy video. cannot fix it with any settings. unusable.
Highlighted
Constellation

I got an A20 wait till they start graying them out