cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

S20 Ultra Does Not Like Wifi

So I had to upgrade on July 7th due to my husband's dog eating my Note 8. I chose the Galaxy S20 Ultra since they only had the 3 different S20 phones. Where we live in Oklahoma is very rual and the only provider that works is US Cellular, however data does not work so we depend on WiFi. So I get home and it connected to our wifi just fine, however I had the circle with the line through it for the actual service from USC, not uncommon. So I start downloading my apps since their smart switch junk did nothing at all. 

About 30 Min into downloading it pops up an error saying I'm not connected to WiFi. So I turn the wifi toggle off and reboot the phone and remote reboot the wifi router. Then today I had to go into the settings and reset all network connections to try and make the wifi work. To witch it did not. It took me another 20 minutes standing beside the router to get the phone to find the WiFi. And once I was connected to the router it kicked me right back off. This is getting very very irritating. 

Along with the fact this phone will not and I mean will not find nor connect to our 5G nor our Guest 5G WiFi.

Here is the specs of the phone and router...

Phone 

Purchase Date ~ 07/07/2020

Carrier ~ US Cellular (NE Oklahoma)

Model ~ SM~G988U

Hardware ~ REV1.0

Signal Strength (per about phone info) ~ -100dBm 16asu

Build ~ QP1A.190711.020.G988USQU1ATEC

Software ~ G988USQ1ATEC

Router

Netgear AC1200 (R6120)

Signal Strength (Within Nighthawk App) ~ -74dBm 50%

I have 2.4G; Guest 2.4G; 5G; Guest 5G

Both phone and router are current as of writing this with their firmware and software updates. I spent $1,400.00 on this phone for the wifi to not work and me not to have a phone capable of using WiFi; I am ready to return this thing to the store and deal with no phone seeings how this one is pretty much useless where we live. Mind you my Note 8 even after the dog ate it and having white streaks all over it and having to use the SPen still connected just fine to our wifi. And my son's S9 with a shattered/pieces of glass missing phone still connects to the wifi just fine. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: S20 Ultra Does Not Like Wifi

I don't have a problem with my ultra connectin to my wifi maybe its ur wifi provider
Highlighted
Asteroid

I have a similar problem with same phone and cellular provider although I'm in the northeast but also in a very rural area. I don't have wifi so have to rely on mobile data. I have had the worst experience with accessing a stable connection with this phone. My S7 and S5 and S3 never had such horrible issues as this. Location and provider hasn't changed. This one won't even do anything if data drops to 3g whereas other's did just slower. Very disappointed. Wish I could help.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried these troubleshooting steps?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: S20 Ultra Does Not Like Wifi

Yes, of course I have done this. When I leave WiFi it takes an act of Congress to get it to connect again to the WiFi. I have soft and hard rest the phone and the router multiple times to witch nothing is accomplished. I have also reset the network settings on the phone several times and to witch nothing changes. And seeing how it's only 5 days old I have nothing on the phone like I did on my Note 8, GS8, or my son's GS9 and husband's A10e. and they all connect and stay connected with no issues and even auto connect when we land leave and return..
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

So I'm going to just guess that there is no solution not anyone at Samsung cares.. I am beyond tired of spending the amount of money I have to on a phone and then it not even work as it's advertising says it will.. I give up on having a fully functional phone, I am about ready to pay the$75 restocking fee and just cancel my phone all together.